Provides pre-hospital advanced life support services in accordance with the Pennsylvania -Emergency Medical Services Act (37-2009) and consistent with related rules, regulations and regional protocols.
- Responds as dispatched within defined geographic coverage area to enhance community advanced life support services.
- Abides by all Pennsylvania Motor Vehicle Laws.
- Performs patient assessment and obtains historical data; conveys pertinent findings via two-way communications systems to appropriate Medical Commander.
- Effects patient care within the scope of practice and in accordance with regional triage, treatment and transfer protocols.
- Assumes control position at scene of pre-hospital patient encounter; provides appropriate direction to primary response personnel.
- Conducts vehicle and equipment survey at onset of assigned tour and following patient encounters; participates in maintaining preparedness for response.
- Performs routine equipment and vehicle checks at the change of each shift and uses proper written documentation.
- Completes written report to detail outcome of each dispatch; promptly submits report of each patient encounter at both destination facility and base location.
- Participates in the orientation of newly hired personnel.
- Provides preceptorships as assigned for new personnel, students accepted from affiliate agency programs and volunteers.
- Shares in housekeeping duties along with other crew members.
- Responsible for actively participating in patient safety improvement and management program.
- Assumes responsibility for identifying processes or systems that could potentially lead to errors and adverse events.
- Knows and follows organizational and departmental policies and procedures applicable to assigned duties.
- Participates in required organizational and departmental patient safety education programs and other activities designed to improve departmental and organizational patient safety.
- Promptly reports serious events and incidents in accordance with established hospital policy and procedure.
- Responsible for coordination with local Fire and Rescue personnel in conducting joint Fire and Emergency Medicine Services operations.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program- (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Valid Driver's License - Default Issuing Body; Certified Paramedic - Default Issuing Body; Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body
SkillsTeamwork; Preceptor Skills; Communication
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.