Clinical Dietitian (RDN)- Sign On Bonus
Geisinger is hiring Clinical Dietitians throughout our Geisinger footprint. The Clinical Dietitian provides safe, ethical, and competent evidence-based nutritional therapy that meets the standards of practice and the scope of practice as stated by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Manages the individual’s nutrition care in collaboration with the health care team and other nutrition professionals.
- Assesses individual needs through synthesis of information obtained through the assessment interview, food and nutrition and related histories, review of the medical record, and discussion with other members of the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Develops a plan to meet assessed needs including recommendations regarding: the composition of diet and meal patterns and supplements; and the volume, rate, and composition of parenteral and enteral feedings.
- Confers with the health care team to develop goals related to patient care.
- Plans and coordinates the use of special dietary regimens.
- Documents initial assessment plans for nutritional care and progress relative to same in the medical record in accordance with established standards.
- Evaluates nutritional status of individuals and makes recommendations regarding provision of optimal care.
- Counsels individuals, families, and care provider on normal nutrition and therapeutic diets with consideration given to the individual's educational, cultural, and socioeconomic background.
- Plans and conducts group classes for individuals in various areas of nutrition as appropriate.
- Writes nutrition related orders for hospitalized patients in accordance with the Clinical Nutrition policy.
- Consults, educates, and advocates on behalf of individuals, groups, and special populations regarding food, culinary, nutrition and health issues, food security and insecurity, nutrition programs, nutrition wellness and resources.
- Plans for continuing nutrition care for individuals, as needed, after discharge from the hospital using ancillary resources.
- Contributes to and designs referral process and systems to facilitate public access to Registered Dietitians.
- Receives referrals for services and make referrals to other relevant health care professional.
- Implements outcome-based quality assurance and performance improvement activities to document outcomes of service; compliance with regulations, policies, and procedures; and monitor and address customer satisfaction.
- Self-evaluates results and monitors for trends and changes in productivity related to workload.
- Compiles statistics and completes Clinical Productivity worksheets on a timely basis.
- Creates, evaluates, reviews, and revises patient instruction materials and recipe and food products for the patient menu.
- Actively participates on appropriate committees for the organization and represents the Clinical Nutrition department in decisions made by these committees.
- Participates in planning, implementation, and evaluating research studies conducted by members of the Clinical Nutrition Services or nutrition-related research coordinated by other departments, as available.
- Develop and use electronic information management tools for practice, research, and education.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
As a valued Dietitian at Geisinger, you can expect:
- Cutting-edge, top-of-scope practice – including independent order writing, protocol medication adjustments, and more
- Our medical team seeks and implements our recommendations for their patients
- Career growth through our Professional Development Program
- Growing Specialties: Pediatrics, Senior Care, Outpatient Diabetes Management, and Outpatient Nutrition
*** $5,000 sign-on bonus paid over 2 years for eligible candidates. Certain stipulations do apply ***
Join our Geisinger family as a Clinical Dietitian.
We presently have openings in the following department:
- 65 Forward
**Applicants must be registered or eligible to sit for registration through the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) or qualify under a reciprocity agreement with CDR in conjunction with The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND). Will consider New Graduate Dietitians graduating within 1-2 months. Salary commensurate with experience and credentials.**
Geisinger cares about not only its patients and members but also about you and your family. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to ensure that you and your loved ones can maintain good health, achieve financial stability, and excel both personally and professionally.
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage starting on your first day of employment with three medical plan options, including flexible spending account (FSA) and health savings account (HSA) options
- Life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage paid for by the company
- A competitive 401(k) plan with automatic Geisinger contributions beginning on your first day of employment
- A generous paid time off (PTO) plan that allows you to accrue time quickly
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,000/year
- Access to the MyHealth Rewards wellness program, which helps you improve your health and earn incentives
- Support for families, including adoption assistance, paid parental leave, paid military leave, and a free care.com membership with discounted backup care for your loved ones
- We believe in creating a diverse and inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves. That's why we offer several Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), which provide opportunities for you to network and develop professionally. Our ERGs are open to all employees and are formed around common identities.
EducationBachelor's Degree- (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Certified Dietitian/Nutritionist - Default Issuing Body
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.
Best employer for healthy lifestyles – National Business Group
Access to 121 state parks