Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Primary Care $10k incentive
Geisinger is seeking an experienced or new graduate Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our Primary Care team at the Buckhorn Office Building clinic in Bloomsburg, PA.
At Geisinger, you have an opportunity to make a meaningful impact on your patients’ lives with:
- Forty-minute appointments for our elderly patient population
- Daily huddles with all care team members to review essential information about schedules, patients, resource needs and coordination of care
- Pharmacists to assist with patient education and medication management
- Availability of care managers, health managers, clinic health associates and coding educators to providers
- Increased access to care by means of eVisits, patient portals, Geisinger’s Careworks urgent care clinics and even text messaging
With Geisinger, you can also take advantage of:
- Recruitment incentive - $10,000, paid in lump sum upon start. 2-year work obligation with department (not applicable for internal, lateral transfer), To learn more about our extensive benefits, click here.
- Continuing Medical Education – 10 working days, based on 8 hours, and $2,500 annually
- Teaching opportunities – are available via advanced practice preceptorship
- Better quality of life - Enjoy fresh air, short commutes, a lower cost of living and tight-knit communities in our respective regions across Pennsylvania. To learn more about living in our service area, click here.
Satisfaction of working for a nationally recognized, physician-led healthcare organization committed to leading healthcare change. To learn more about Geisinger’s many accolades, click here.
Advanced Practitioner must be able to see and treat all age ranges, Pediatric (birth) to Geriatric.
The successful Physician Assistant candidate will work under the responsibility and supervision of the physician and require completion of an ARC-PA (or predecessor organization) approved physician assistant program, current NCCPA certification or eligibility and Pennsylvania State licensure.
The successful Nurse Practitioner candidate will work in collaboration with the physician and have a certificate of completion from an approved program for Nurse Practitioners or be eligible to hold national certification that allows the NP to work with the patient populations and location settings associated with this position. Must be eligible for licensure as a nurse practitioner in the state of PA.
EducationMaster's Degree-Nurse Practitioner (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body; Certified Nurse Practitioner - American Academy of Nurse Practitioners; Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania
SkillsPatient Safety; Care Management Knowledge; Patient Assessment And Care; Clinical Policies And Standards; Patients Rights; Health Information Documentation
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.
Best employer for healthy lifestyles – National Business Group
Access to 121 state parks