Associate Vice President, Major Gifts (Work from Home - Pennsylvania)
The Associate Vice President, Major Gifts is responsible for executing a major gifts fundraising strategy that supports both current-use and endowed fundraising objectives, while integrating planned giving and annual support strategies. The position will motivate team members and coordinate effectively with key stakeholders across Geisinger to achieve the shared programmatic and philanthropic objectives of the organization’s mission and strategic plan. The AVP Major Gifts will work in close consultation with the Chief Philanthropy Officer and Vice President of Philanthropy to develop and implement a strategic plan that will achieve Geisinger’s fundraising goals. The AVP Major Gifts has direct responsibility for managing the major gifs team, partnering with the Vice President of Philanthropy to develop, implement and support strategic fundraising priorities and initiatives, and soliciting/closing gifts at the major gifts level ($10K-$1M).
- Leads and manages the major gift fundraisers.Includes mentorship, supporting professional development, onboarding, ongoing training and education in best practices, developing, deploying and monitoring performance metrics for all team members.
- Serves as a resource, role model, and coach to the major gifts team, setting clear performance expectations and holding them accountable for outcomes.
- Working with the Vice President of Philanthropy, helps to create goals that strengthen and enhance a culture of collaboration between annual giving, major and leadership gifts, and gift planning to inspire multi-faceted and blended gifts.
- Participates and supports the development and implementation of operating and strategic fundraising priorities (including capital campaigns) and initiatives and ensures the consistent execution of best practices.
- Advises the Vice President of Philanthropy on matters concerning major gift fundraising opportunities for Geisinger and its affiliates.
- Works collaboratively with leaders across Geisinger to lift the priority and profile of fundraising and broadly communicate fundraising needs and impact.
- Actively manages a personal portfolio of 100-150 current and potential major gift prospects ($10K-1M+).
- Completes a minimum of 75 substantive donor moves each year, with a focus on face-to-face visits.
- Documents personal fundraising activities in the development database system and tracks progress through active implementation of the moves management system.
- Provide regular reports to leadership on staff performance, fundraising progress and progress against goals.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
Must be within a 2 - 2 1/2 hour commute to Danville, Pennsylvania for on-site business needs.
EducationBachelor's Degree- (Required), Master's Degree- (Preferred)
ExperienceMinimum of 10 years-Related work experience (Required)
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.
Best employer for healthy lifestyles – National Business Group
Access to 121 state parks