Athletic Trainer Certified- Healthplex Woodbine
Provides care to athletes/patients in a preventive, emergency, and rehabilitative manner in accordance with Physician's orders, and documents such care and treatment. Assists in the development and presentation of educational and community programs that support the Orthopaedics service line. Acts as a physician extender to the supervising physician within the Orthopaedics clinics.
- Provides Athletic Training Services to patients and contracted organizations as assigned.
- Assists with the development, implementation, and staffing for community events and related programming.
- Provides support by covering other contracted schools or changing assignments.
- Establishes and maintains community relations and provides educational programs for coaches, athletes and community members.
- Establishes and updates contracted organization Policy and Procedure manual with annual reviews.
- Performs initial patient assessments and screens, develops and distributes ongoing patient education information.
- Distributes Home Exercise Programs (HEP) and educates patient and family as directed by supervising physician.
- Prepares injections for physicians and physician assistants.
- Performs splinting and casting under physicians orders.
- Performs cast and suture removal.
- Performs scribing duties for a physician during a patient’s physical exam, as needed.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
- Must have NATA BOC and eligible for PA medical license.
- Join a growing sports medicine department within an innovative health system
We’re proud to offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, prescription drug, vision and dental coverage
- Family Support (Fertility and Adoption Support)
- Employer contribution to your retirement plan
- Tuition assistance (part time and full time roles only)
- Generous paid time off packages that allows you to take the time you need to travel, rest, and care for and reconnect with friends and family.
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated and experienced nursing leaders
- Paid Military Leave
- Community Involvement through our Employee Resources Groups
EducationBachelor's Degree- (Required), Master's Degree- (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)Certified Athletic Trainer - Default Issuing Body; Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body
SkillsTherapeutic Care; Rehab Assessment And Care; Rehabilitation Practices/Programs; Health Care Policy And Ethics Compliance; Interpersonal Skills; Team Player; Physiotherapy
Our Purpose & Values
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality.
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
Geisinger is committed to making better health easier for the more than 1 million people it serves. Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes nine hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,600 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.