Bioinformatics Analyst I
Primary accountability is to leverage the organization’s data assets to improve quality, efficiency and generate knowledge specifically in the field of health research. Performs and supervises complex data extraction, transformation, visualization, and summarization to support Research activities Responsible for assisting in complex phenotype algorithm development and high level bioinformatics analysis.
- Strategically considers all potential uses for available data, and how to transform disparate data into a useful data.
- Conducts independent quantitative operational, clinical, and financial analysis with clearly summarized findings and recommendations for technical and clinical and non-technical and clinical audiences.
- Ensures accuracy, data integrity and validity of data and analysis in all work.
- Translates project specific analysis into ongoing, automated reporting tools including specification preparation, design, testing, validation, analysis, and merging data from various source systems.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and enforcement of data management standards and procedures.
- Proactively identifies potential outcome analysis, goals of intervention, and basic evaluation structure in the planning phases of research projects.
- Provides guidance, feedback, and input in the development of protocols and research proposals.
- Performs statistical analysis to evaluate the success of project implementation.
- Works closely with all levels of staff, customers and improvement teams to determine analytic needs and requirements; independently develops quantitative approaches to identify opportunities for performance improvement.
- Proactively educates the requester of any complexities associated with the data requests.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
EducationMaster's Degree- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Required), Minimum of 1 year-Healthcare (Preferred)
SkillsWork Collaboratively; Scientific Research; Critical Thinking; Research Analysis; Independent Work
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.