Clinical Pediatric Dietitian Outpatient Nutrition
Provides safe, competent evidence-based nutritional therapy that meets the standards of practice and the scope of practice as stated by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. The Manages the individual’s nutrition care in collaboration with the health care team and other nutrition professionals.
- Assesses individual needs through synthesis of information obtained through the assessment interview, food and nutrition and related histories, review of the medical record, and discussion with other members of the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Develops a plan to meet assessed needs including recommendations regarding the composition of diet and meal patterns and supplements and the volume, rate, and composition of parenteral and enteral feedings.
- Confers with the health care team to develop goals related to patient and resident care.
- Plans and coordinates the use of special dietary regimens.
- Documents initial assessment plans for nutritional care and progress relative to same in the medical record in accordance with established standards.
- Evaluates nutritional status of individuals and makes recommendations regarding provision of optimal care.
- Counsels individuals, families, and care provider on normal nutrition and therapeutic diets with consideration given to the individual's educational, cultural, and socioeconomic background.
- Plans and conducts group classes for individuals in various areas of nutrition as appropriate.
- Collaborate in or conduct food and nutrition research to demonstrate food and nutrition-related outcomes and to develop food and nutrition policy and recommendations for individuals, groups, and special population.
- Consults, educates, and advocates on behalf of individuals, groups, and special populations regarding food, culinary, nutrition and health issues, food security and insecurity, nutrition programs, nutrition wellness and resources.
- Participates in design, development, implementation, and evaluation of education programs for dietetic interns, affiliating students and personnel relative to Clinical Nutrition Services.
- Serves as a member of the Dietetic Internship Faculty or as preceptor and mentor for other dietetic interns and students and staff.
- Perform human resource functions consistent with job responsibilities: orientation and training, scheduling, mentoring for professional development.
- Contributes to and designs referral process and systems to facilitate public access to Registered Dietitians.
- Participates in developing and evaluating the effectiveness of referral tools and processes.
- Implement outcome-based quality assurance and performance improvement activities to document outcomes of service; compliance with regulations, policies, and procedures; and monitor and address customer satisfaction.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements including but not limited to Joint Commission on Accreditation Health Organization, Pennsylvania Department of Aging, Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- Participates in action plans, as needed.
- Compiles statistics and completes Clinical Productivity worksheets on a timely basis.
- Self-evaluates results and monitors for trends and changes in productivity related to workload.
- Develop and use electronic information management tools for practice, research, and education.
- Creates, evaluates, reviews, revises, patient instruction materials and recipe and food products for the patient and resident menu.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
*Join our team and receive up to a $5,000 joining bonus, plus, relocation assistance for qualified candidates.
*As a valued Dietitian at Geisinger, you can expect:
- Cutting-edge, top-of-scope practice – including independent order writing, protocol medication adjustments, and more
- Our medical team seeks and implements our recommendations for their patients
- Career growth through our Professional Development Program
- Growing Specialties: Pediatrics, Senior Care, Outpatient Diabetes Management, and Outpatient Nutrition
Hours: Full-Time; Typically 8:00 a.m. -4:30 p.m.
Education: Bachelor's Degree required
Licensure: Pennsylvania Licensed Dietitian required
Location: Work from Home
At Geisinger, the caring that we provide to our patients and members also extends to you and your family. Our competitive compensation and benefits package helps you and your loved ones stay healthy, meet your financial goals and thrive professionally and personally.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that starts day one of employment
- Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a flexible spending account (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term disability, and Long-term disability
- Competitive 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger contributions starting day one of employment
- PTO plan that allows you to earn more time fast
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and earn incentives
- Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid parental leave, paid military leave and a free care.com membership with discounted backup care for your loved ones.
- We strive to create an environment where our patients, health plan members and employees can be their most authentic selves. Join one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). ERGs provide opportunities for all Geisinger employees to build internal and external networks and further develop professionally. ERGs are formed around common identities but are open to all employee
- To learn more about our benefit offerings, please visit: https://www.paperturn-view.com/radancy-geis/135344-geisinger-2023-benefits-general?pid=MzA300191&v=1.1
EducationBachelor's Degree- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 5 years-Related work experience (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Certified Dietitian/Nutritionist - Default Issuing Body
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.