Database Administrator Senior
Responsible for the development and maintenance of rdbms platforms and database objects and with data access control supporting OLTP or analytic software applications on at least one major rdbms platform.
- Assumes ownership of MSSQL database administration activities including creating databases and data objects and managing database access.
- Assists in evaluating DBA monitoring and productivity tools.
- Performs complex relational database management tasks for both development and production applications including but not limited to backup and recovery and DB disaster recovery solutions.
- Assists in database tuning when applicable.
- Creates, tunes, and offers technical expertise in the design of complex TSQL.
- Identifies, documents and tracks all database related performance problems and assisting in their resolution.
- Assists in establishing and meets database related SLAs
- Performs tasks to develop database and data object creation scripts and to automate data management alerts.
- Collects data for Database monitoring metrics and reporting.
- Assists in developing, gathering data for and reporting of metrics.
- Develops database management skills and assists with the development of junior dba's and designated teammates.
- Assists SQL/analytic developers in the effective use of database query language.
- Works on projects of moderate to high complexity within one or more development environments.
- Works on multiple systems and rdbms platforms as a project team member.
- Coordinates and monitors database snapshot replication (Dell EMC Appsync)
- Stays abreast of, recommends, and implements emerging database technologies.
- Acquires, maintains, and exhibits current knowledge of EHR (Epic) application support.
- Participates in on-call support.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
*Relevant experience may be a combination of related work experience and degree obtained (Associate’s Degree = 2 years; Bachelor’s Degree = 4 years).
Work Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Standard work hours: 7am-4pm On-call, weekends, Holidays based on project due dates.
The successful candidate will have opportunity to work with this fast paced team in an environment of continuous learning to gain many marketable skills. (database focused)
Preferred experience: supporting large sized databases (10+ TB); preferred MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Adm.
Required to attend occasional conferences for training as it relates to the job.
EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 9 years-Relevant experience* (Required)
Our Purpose & Values
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality.
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
Geisinger is committed to making better health easier for the more than 1 million people it serves. Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes nine hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,600 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.