Director Interventional Radiology
Primarily responsible for operational activities of Interventional Radiology across the system. Partnering with the system Physician Director leader of Interventional Radiology. These two are jointly responsible for all aspects of operation performance including but not limited to, patient experience, employee engagement, market growth, financial performance, change management, and equipment management. financial and equipment needs for assigned department modalities. Responsible for developing and initiating improvements in the organization and delivery of high quality, cost effective radiology services. Responsible for all regulatory requirements of assigned area. Provides back-up support in the absence of Team Leaders and Managers.
- Responsible for operational activities and functions within the assigned business units.
- Directs support functions within business units.
- Responsible for the overall operation and growth of the business units, in conjunction with the applicable Medical Directors.
- Develops and implements business unit policies and procedures, in conjunction with the Medical Directors.
- Establishes long-range objectives and monitors financial performance of the business units, in conjunction with the Medical Directors.
- Ensures effective, efficient and cost-effective use of non-clinical resources to maintain a productive environment.
- Provides direction to, hold accountable, develop and evaluate non-clinical staff in their performance of all goals and objectives of the business units, region and the organization.
- Evaluates regularly the effectiveness of the business unit’s organization and implement changes as necessary to promote strategic and operational effectiveness.
- Develops and maintains effective liaison with management, physicians, patients, and employees.
- Understands, supports and participates in information technology, development, marketing and public relations initiatives on the business unit and system level.
- Provides administrative support to achieve the objectives of medical education and clinical research.
- Provide direction, management of capital purchase, installation of all Interventional Radiology equipment.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
EducationBachelor's Degree-Business Administration/Healthcare Management (Required), Master's Degree- (Preferred)
ExperienceMinimum of 5 years-Managerial/Supervisory (Required)
SkillsManages Projects And Functions; Manages Conflict And Crisis; Supervisory Customer Service
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
Top 8 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems
– Becker's Hospital Review