Foodservice Worker (Full Time)
Performs routine tasks related to the portioning and serving of food and cleaning of tableware, equipment or work area. Follows special cleaning and trash handling techniques as required by regulatory agencies. Ensures a professional and appropriate Service Standard while performing the job.
- Foodservice Workers will be assigned to perform various tasks within the foodservice area.
- This may include but is not limited to food preparation, packaging, and deliveries.
- Cleans and sanitizes any and all food service areas as required by management and regulatory agencies.
- Takes and records temperature of food and food storage areas, such as refrigerators and freezers.
- Places food trays over food warmers for immediate service or stores them in refrigerated storage cabinets.
- Weighs or measures ingredients.
- Receives and stores food supplies, equipment, and utensils in refrigerators, cupboards, and other storage areas.
- May handle cash depending on needs.
Read and interpret patient meal tickets, read and confirm patient identifiers, recipes, ingredients, labels and dating.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
- New Hires are eligible for a Sign-on Bonus up to $2,500!
- Rotating weekends and holidays required.
- Eligible for shift differential.
- To learn about our Foodservice team, click here: https://jobs.geisinger.org/food
EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Preferred)
SkillsOrganizing; Computer Literacy; Teamwork; Communication; Menu Development; Food And Nutrition Services; Healthcare Industry; Clinical Policies And Standards
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.
Best employer for healthy lifestyles – National Business Group
Access to 121 state parks