Geisinger Military Fellowship
Geisinger’s Military Fellowship Program is a collaborative partnership with the Department of Defense through the DoD SkillBridge program. Open to all transitioning active duty service members who qualify, the program provides civilian employment experience and transition support. Fellows have the opportunity to pursue opportunities in clinical, information technology, or operations tracks and enhance their understanding of the civilian healthcare environment.
Program Objectives Include:
- Provide a workplace learning experience in one or more of the military fellowship program career tracks
- Transfer knowledge and experience through a hands-on approach to include on the job training with current employees
- Gain an understanding of and affinity for Geisinger culture that closely aligns to military values
- Experience a quality integration and mentoring process to accelerate transition in the workplace
- Explore industry career pathways to make an informed career decision
- Open to all transitioning active duty service members- officers and enlisted- of any rank and any branch
- Service Members must have 180 days of active service remaining prior to the date of separation
- Service Member must obtain unit and installation command approval to participate. To learn more about the DoD Skillbridge program and learn how to apply with your service branch, visit DOD SkillBridge (osd.mil)
- Service Members are not eligible for compensation from Geisinger, as they continue to receive military compensation and benefits as active duty service members.
For more information or details on the program, connect with Geisinger's Military and Veteran recruitment team by email at email@example.com
Experience-Security, Military, Police (Preferred)
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.