Geisinger RN Travel - Up to $3,552/week
You’re ready for your next challenge, the kind that only a nationally recognized healthcare system can provide. At Geisinger, leading healthcare change starts with collaboration, community and lifelong learning. From our systemwide initiatives like our Nurse Residency Program and the Geisinger Nursing Institute, we give our nurses the tools to build a career with lasting impact.
We have several travel RN opportunities available that will serve our nine locations across Pennsylvania. At Geisinger, we’ll provide a supportive culture, so you can thrive personally and professionally. As a Travel RN, you’ll have the tools and support to deliver consistent quality care across our hospitals, while enjoying benefits like time off between assignments, higher rates, and more. When you join Geisinger, you can feel confident knowing you’re joining a nationally renowned organization that is leading healthcare change. With our market leading all-inclusive rates, flexibile scheduling, and travel allowances , there's a lot you'll love about joining our Geisinger family.
- Good Listener
Why join Geisinger?
Join a nursing team that's leading healthcare change and committed to excellence in quality, safety, and continuity of care. With unique benefits such as market leading all-inclusive rates, travel allowances, scheduling flexibility with time off between assignments and more, there's a lot you'll love about a career with Geisinger.
Our Geisinger Family
My decision to sign on with Geisinger Travel was driven by the positive work environment, supportive staff and employees’ great work ethics. With Geisinger Travel I have the best of both worlds, the ability to travel while staying within the Geisinger system. It's just overall a great place to work.Travel Nurse
Support and Mentorship
Join Geisinger as an In-House Travel RN! 12-week assignments available in Adult Med Surg, Adult ICU, ED, OB, and OR. *some specialties may experience a wait list at times Full-time hours Market leading all-inclusive rates Travel allowances for eligible candidates Nine campus locations One campus per assignment Scheduling flexibility with time off between assignments 401k employer contributions Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated, experienced nursing leaders Join the Geisinger Family! Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger RN Traveler opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completes assessments as established by scope of practice and unit standards.
- Addresses physical, psychological, social, cultural, and spiritual needs of patient and family throughout the continuum of care.
- Formulates, coordinates, and provides plan of care as established in unit standards including, patient and family education, family needs and discharge planning throughout hospitalization with members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Provides direct patient care including, treatments, medications, and diagnostic studies according to policy and procedure.
- Evaluates effectiveness of nursing interventions and revises plan of care based upon patient response to interventions.
- Initiates collaboration with physicians, ancillary personnel, and other interdisciplinary team members and acts to proactively resolve and facilitate patient needs.
- Problem solves, troubleshoots and takes corrective measures in the care and handling of equipment.
- Participates in unit-based decision-making regarding the utilization of evidence- based practice.
- Actively participates as a team member working toward team goals of the unit and organization and is accountable for unit and system specific metrics.
- Actively participates in patient quality and safety education programs and other activities designed to improve departmental and organizational quality and safety.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures.Position requires employee work agreement for minimum of12weeks in length.Will be required to work at different hospitals throughout the Health System. Subject to be moved without advance notice.The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
Required AHA Certifications and Additional Requirements:
Med Surg: BLS; ACLS (within 1 year of hire)
ICU: BLS & ACLS
ED: BLS, ACLS, & PALS
OB: BLS & NRP & ACLS
OR: BLS, travel candidates must have both circulating and scrub experience.
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing (Required), Bachelor's Degree-Nursing (Preferred)
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Nursing (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body; Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania
SkillsInterpersonal Communication; Clinical Skills; Communication; Organizing; Preceptor Skills; Teamwork
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
- RN-Registered Nurse Part Time-Advanced Acute Care Medical Danville, Pennsylvania
- RN-Registered Nurse Part Time-Advanced Acute Care Medical/Transplant Danville, Pennsylvania
- RN - Registered Nurse Per Diem - Advanced Acute Care Orthopaedics Danville, Pennsylvania
- RN-Registered Nurse Per Diem-Advanced Acute Care Neurosciences Danville, Pennsylvania
Recently Viewed Jobs
Your recently viewed jobs will appear here