Infrastructure Platform Engineer III or II ( Work from Home - Pennsylvania Resident)
Responsible for assisting staff in the installation and ongoing 3rd and 4th tier support of server, virtualization, storage, public/private cloud, infrastructure monitoring and infrastructure automation systems. Provides and promotes a technical environment which will maximize the productivity of I.T. personnel while minimizing cost and organizational impact.
- Monitors the platform infrastructure via tools or otherwise to ensure maximum availability Deployment and maintenance of the platform infrastructure.
- Ownership of the platform infrastructure from deployment to end of life.
- Consults with project teams to ensure compatibility with existing solutions, infrastructure and services.
- Provides recommendations based on business relevance, appropriate timing and deployment.
- Evaluates, recommends and implements new system software products, product updates and new releases.
- Creates necessary documentation of systems and infrastructure Informs appropriate personnel of new features, limitations, and considerations produced by upgrades or new products.
- Participates in the evaluation of new hardware products and upgrades.
- Provides guidance to other technical personnel in appropriate areas of expertise..
- Provides input in to the design of infrastructure solutions.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
If a suitably experienced candidate cannot be found, applicants who meet the basic qualifications, but possess fewer years of experience (5 years) will be considered for hire at a lower level. Salary would commensurate with experience.
*Relevant experience may be a combination of related work experience and degree obtained (Associate’s Degree = 2 years; Bachelor’s Degree = 4 years).
EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 8 years-Relevant experience* (Required)
SkillsTeamwork; Critical Thinking; Working Independently; Organizing; Leads Others
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.
Best employer for healthy lifestyles – National Business Group
Access to 121 state parks