Inpatient LPN-Advanced Acute Care Surgery-$10K Hiring Incentive!
You’re ready for your next challenge, the kind that only a nationally recognized healthcare system can provide. At Geisinger, leading healthcare change starts with collaboration, community and lifelong learning. From our systemwide initiatives like our Nurse Residency Program and the Geisinger Nursing Institute, we give our nurses the tools to build a career with lasting impact.
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. Our nurses treat each other with respect and compassion, embrace diversity and take time to connect and listen. We are led by five main values:
Our Geisinger Family
Growing up in the northeast, Geisinger has always had a reputation of being a leader in cutting edge medicine. Being part of their staff is both a privilege and honor. So far working as a RN, has been an incredible experience. The staff is knowledgeable and passionate about their field. They are always willing to help me further my education and skills.RN, Telemetry Unit, GMC
I had a very positive experience as a student nurse during my clinical rotations and knew I wanted to join the nursing team at Geisinger Lewistown Hospital. As a new nurse everyone has been extremely helpful. My coworkers are dedicated to the success of the team and providing the best care possible for our patients.RN, Orthopedic Oncology, GLH
I'm excited to take the lessons I've learned along my journey from bedside nurse to educator to leader and help position Geisinger's more than 6,500 nurses—in all positions, from LPNs to RNs to advanced practice nurses—for their own future successes.Chief Nursing Executive, MSN, RN
Are you a LPN looking to join our Geisinger Nursing Institute? Through professional growth, quality improvement and interdisciplinary collaboration, we’ve built an innovative culture that allows our nurses to grow their skillset, develop their practice and leverage their years of experience to build a rewarding, lasting career with impact. Contributes data to the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient care. Promotes adaptive responses of patient/family to achieve the highest level of patient care, promote safety, and maximize patient satisfaction. Exhibits compassionate care during patient-nurse interactions. Coordinates patient care and interaction of staff. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in their assigned unit. Unit Location: BP6
- Contributes data to assessments as established by scope of practice and unit standards.
- Addresses physical, psychological, social, cultural, and spiritual needs of patient and family throughout the continuum of care.
- Reinforces patient and family education, family needs and discharge planning throughout hospitalization.
- Provides direct patient care including, treatments, medications, and diagnostic studies according to policy and procedure.
- Evaluates effectiveness of nursing interventions and plan of care based upon patient response to interventions.
- Initiates collaboration with physicians, ancillary personnel, and other interdisciplinary team members and takes action to proactively resolve and facilitate patient needs.
- Participates in unit-based decision-making regarding the utilization of evidence based practice.
- Provides input to the manager for performance appraisals of care delivery team members.
- Precepts and mentors new staff and students in a professional, positive manner as assigned.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
Work Schedule Details: Day/Evening Rotation
BP6 is a 28 bed Medical-Surgical Remote Telemetry unit that includes a diversity of services including General Surgery, Bariatric, ENT, Urology, Gynecology, Plastic Surgery, and Trauma Surgery. We have many resources on our unit including a pharmacist, care manager/social worker, and scheduler to support unit based needs. In addition, we have a wound ostomy team and an IV team available throughout the hospital for added support. Team members have the benefit of a shared schedule in which we partner together to complete a final schedule based on unit needs.
Our leadership team, consisting of an Operations Manager, Team coordinators and an Educator are seeking to add members to our team that are dedicated, team oriented individuals who are focused on working together to maintain an environment of patient centered care.
We’re proud to offer:
- $22.47 minimum hiring rate with increased rates for experienced individuals
- Up to $5 shift differentials for evening, nights and weekend shifts
- $10,000 Hiring Incentive for eligible candidates
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that starts day one of employment
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to enhance personal health and reduce health plan premiums for qualified individuals
- Up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement per year
- $40k in financial support to become an Registered Nurse
- Robust PTO plan in addition to six paid holidays and 32 hours of personal time per year
- Competitive 401k plan that includes automatic Geisinger contributions starting day one of employment
- Paid parental leave and military leave
- Fertility and adoption support
- The ability to work under a Temporary Practice Permit until you take NCLEX
- Shared governance structure that empowers our nurses
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing leaders
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive program
Join the Geisinger Family! Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please contact Nurse Recruiter, Courtney Sassaman, at email@example.com.
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body; Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
- Inpatient RN- Central Region Med/Surg Float Pool - Up to $26K Hiring Incentive! Danville, Pennsylvania
- Inpatient RN Nights - Central Region Critical Care Float Pool - Up to $26K Hiring Incentive! Danville, Pennsylvania
- Inpatient RN (Part Time)-Advanced Acute Care Medical Danville, Pennsylvania
- Inpatient RN-Advanced Acute Care Medical-Up to $26K Hiring Incentive! Danville, Pennsylvania