Interventional Radiology Technologist Full Time
$7,500 Sign on Bonus for qualified applicants! · Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that starts day one of employment · Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a flexible spending account (FSA) and health savings account (HSA) · Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term disability, and Long-term disability · Competitive 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger contributions starting day one of employment · PTO plan that allows you to earn more time fast · MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and earn incentives Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid parental leave, paid military leave and a free care.com membership with discounted backup care for your loved ones.Responsible in performing Interventional, Neuro and Endovascular procedures to include technical, procedural and equipment performance, patient care and education, interfacing with other clinical departments, issue resolution, digital imaging quality and efficiency. Responsible for maintaining department relationships with Radiology Services partners, patients and referring physicians. Responsible for imaging procedure quality in thoracic, visceral, gastrointestinal, neurologic and peripheral intervention for vascular and nonvascular systems. Responsible for participating in regulatory requirements of assigned sections.
- Provides invasive procedure assistance and digital imaging while performing duties such as embolization, tumor embolization, chemotherapy embolization, tumor treatment with radioactive elements, Intracranial stenting, intravascular stenting, limb preservation.
- Endovascular repair of Aortic aneurysms.
- Assists the Interventionalist while performing procedures, diagnostic studies, and treatments.
- Operates and monitors equipment, as required; hands instruments in proper order to physician; assists with suctioning and positioning patients, as required; provides emotional support to patients, as necessary.
- Prepares and positions patients, administers contrast media as directed by physicians, provides immobilization devices and radiation protection to patients and personnel in accordance with prescribed safety standards.
- Explains procedures and answers appropriate patient questions.
- Reports to the Registered Nurse reactions, results of procedures, and any changes observed in the patient's condition.
- Documents pertinent medical information where indicated.
- Maintains current knowledge on all interventional supplies.
- Identifies and defines all Neuro, Thoracic, Abdominal and Peripheral Vasculature.
- Operates digital imaging equipment and enters all pertinent data to IDX, Imaging Suite and Picture Archiving Communication System Imaging Management Systems.
- Obtain and reconstruct 3-deminsonal images and digital subtraction angiography.
- Performs quality control tests of equipment and notifies leadership and appropriate maintenance personnel of irregularities.
- Monitor dose reporting of high levels of radiation due to the length and complexity of the procedures.
- Ensure all equipment and supplies are properly cleaned and sterilized and in working order.
- Maintains patient scheduling grease board for procedures as well as follow up documentation.
- Shares responsibility for ordering interventional supplies and maintaining appropriate levels of on hand supplies.
- Responsible for all Quality Improvement documentation.
- Imaging exams and procedure tray set up require access and handling of non-controlled medications.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Radiologic Technology (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Certified Radiology Technologist - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
SkillsRadiology Interventional; Radiology 3D; Independent Work; Preceptor Skills; Communication; Radiology; Radiation Safety; Diagnostic Imaging; Medical Equipment Management (Mem)
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.
Best employer for healthy lifestyles – National Business Group
Access to 121 state parks