Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)/Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) - Pediatric Behavioral Health
Assesses patient needs and abilities and develops treatment plans to facilitate improved patient functioning/symptom resolution. Provides individual, family, couple and group psychotherapy as deemed clinically appropriate. Participates with program planning with the psychiatry team and other applicable team members.
- Evaluates the ongoing biopsychosocial needs of patients, identifying needs and problems and determining a treatment plan.
- Provides psychotherapies and case management to assigned patients as well as input regarding the care of program patients.
- Engages as a primary therapist or co-therapist in group therapy to psychiatric patients and as the primary therapist in individual, family, and couple therapies.
- Obtains pertinent data in accordance with program and regulatory standards.
- Upholds agency policies and standards as well as ethical standards of appropriate discipline.
- Collaborates with outpatient and inpatient teams to provide triage evaluation and crisis intervention.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
We are seeking a full-time LCSW or LPC who are licensed or license-eligible in Pennsylvania and have experience working in primary care or medical settings. Geisinger is committed to significant, system-wide expansion of integrated behavioral health in primary care and specialty medical settings and to its educational mission of developing the next generation of integrated clinical psychologists in our region.
At Geisinger, embedded PCBH and integrated specialty care psychologists are leaders within interdisciplinary care teams working to improve population health within fast-paced clinical settings. They provide evidence-based, patient-centered and consultative patient care and support maintenance of patients in their clinics and programs. Integrated psychologists fulfill the following services and roles:
- Provide evaluation and consultation appropriate to the primary care or specialty medical setting
- Develop and implement treatment plans and monitor care components
- Deliver brief, evidence-based behavioral health interventions
- Facilitate patient and family education on presenting concerns
- Consult with physicians and allied health providers to support decision making, build on medical interventions, and improve provider-patient relationships
- Offer supervision and training to psychology, social work, and medical residents, physicians, and other members of the care team
- Assist in design, development, and implementation of clinical programs
- Participate in program development/evaluation and quality improvement
EducationMaster's Degree-Social Work (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor - Default Issuing Body; Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Default Issuing Body
SkillsAssessment And Diagnosis; Behavioral Therapy Management; Health Care Policy And Ethics Compliance; Healthcare Industry; Teamwork; Psychotherapy; Patients Rights
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.
Best employer for healthy lifestyles – National Business Group
Access to 121 state parks