Manager Clinical Nutrition (Milk Lab)
Responsible for managing Clinical Nutrition Services for assigned areas; responsible for planning, monitoring, and maintaining the budgets. Instills and maintains a customer service approach throughout all aspects of the responsibility area.
- Supervises the Clinical Nutrition staff; manages Clinical Nutrition services provided at all clinics, and hospital sites for which he/she is responisble.
- Focuses staff on common goals, engages people to work together, uses leadership techniques that facilitate teamwork.
- Coordinates the implementation and evaluation of clinical standards of practice, performance improvement projects and service standards.
- Seeks input from management and implements recommendations in the process of developing and administering budgets; understands key financial terms and budget concepts; understands the expense and revenue aspects of the budgets; controls operational costs.
- Manages the budgets on a day-to-day basis.
- Responsible for recruitment, interviewing, and selection of staff at assigned sites.
- Coordinates and conducts orientation programs.
- Schedules staff for inpatient and outpatient services; maintains personnel files.
- Serves as resource to Clinical Nutrition staff.
- Develops and implements performance improvement activities; reports these activities to designated committees.
- Represents and participates in performance improvement teams as needed.
- Designs clinical nutrition policies, protocols, standards and work systems for inpatients and outpatients.
- Seeks approval when needed from administration and medical staff.
- Guides the development, evaluation, and refinement of individual objectives consistent with departmental goals and insures achievement of objectives.
- Facilitates appropriate recognition of individual staff performance in an effort to maintain a positive and motivational work environment.
- Provides some direct patient Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) on a limited basis, including in-or out-patient MNT.
- Serves as preceptor and coordinator for all dietetics students or other students as requested for campuses.
- Coordinates the planning, implementation and evaluation of clinical learning objectives.
- Manages all community, staff, student, and media requests for Clinical Nutrition.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
- Hours: Full-Time- 40 hours per week
- Required Experience: Licensed Dietitian with Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition, plus 10 years related experience and 3 years managerial/supervisory experience
At Geisinger, the caring that we provide to our patients and members also extends to you and your family. Our competitive compensation and benefits package helps you and your loved ones stay healthy, meet your financial goals and thrive professionally and personally.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that starts day one (1) of employment
- Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a flexible spending account (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term disability and Long-term disability
- Competitive 401k plan that includes automatic Geisinger contributions starting day one of employment
- PTO plan that allows you to earn more time fast
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and earn incentives
- Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid parental leave, paid military leave and a free care.com membership with discounted backup care for your loved ones
- We strive to create an environment where our patients, health plan members and employees can be their most authentic selves. Join one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). ERGs provide opportunities for all Geisinger employees to build internal and external networks and further develop professionally. ERGs are formed around common identities but are open to all employees.
EducationBachelor's Degree-Nutrition (Required), Master's Degree- (Preferred)
ExperienceMinimum of 3 years-Managerial/Supervisory (Required), Minimum of 10 years-Related work experience (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Certified Dietitian/Nutritionist - Default Issuing Body
SkillsCommunication; Mentoring Skills; Office Administration
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.