Medical Technologist Technical Expert, Geisinger Medical Center (Full Time) (Nights) SIGN ON BONUS
$12,500 SIGN ON BONUS FOR QUALIFIED APPLICANTS! Performs and reports various analyses from multiple specimen sources. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in the specific age range on their assigned clinical area. Serves as the technical expert and makes decisions in the absence of the Analytical Specialist.
- Performs technical duties and serves as a technical expert at the instrument or platform level.
- Troubleshoots and resolves technical problems with instruments.
- Makes operational decisions in the absence of the Analytical Specialist or Team Leader.
- Assists in the evaluation and validation of new products, assays and instrumentation.
- Serves as a key operator for all instrumentation within the technical area of responsibility.
- Assists in implementation of new testing and new methods, including procedure writing.
- Assists with annual procedure manual review and revision.
- Interprets specialized testing as appropriate.
- In conjunction with the Analytical Specialist, ensures that competency, proficiency testing, quality control and maintenance are completed and reviewed.
- Assists Analytical Specialist with inventory management.
- Participates in the training of employees.
- Member of the Best Practice Committee for their area of responsibility when appropriate.
- Meets all the qualifications and performance requirements of the Medical Technologist position.
- Participates in educational activities to maintain current knowledge in the field.
- Successful completion of initial and subsequent competency exams required.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures.
The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
$12,500 SIGN-ON BONUS FOR QUALIFIED APPLICANTS!*
Applicants must have at least 4 years' experience as a medical technologist.
Education Qualification and Details
Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Scientist:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college/university AND successful completion of an ASCP/NAACLS-accredited Medical Technology program OR;
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college/university with a major in biological, chemical, physical or clinical laboratory science AND ASCP categorical certification OR;
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college/university with a major in biological, chemical, physical, or clinical laboratory science AND at least two years' experience in a role equivalent to that of a Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) in a clinical laboratory
Military experience will be considered and is welcomed. US Army 68K Medical Laboratory Specialist, 71E Clinical Laboratory Scientist, US Navy Medical Laboratory Technician, US Air Force Medical Laboratory Technician 4T0X1 and Biomedical Laboratory Officer (43TX) and related medical specialities.
Geisinger benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, that starts day one of employment
- Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a flexible spending account (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
- Company-paid life, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance
- Competitive 401(K) plan that includes an automatic 5% Geisinger contribution starting day one of employment
- PTO plan that allows you to earn more time more quickly
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and earn monetary incentives
- Family support that includes adoption assistance, IVF and IUI coverage, paid parental leave, paid military leave and a free Care.com membership with discounted backup care for your loved ones.
*Qualified applicants are those individuals who have not worked in a full- or part-time capacity for Geisinger Medical Laboratories in the last 18 months.
EducationBachelor's Degree-Medical Technology (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 4 years-Laboratory (Required)
SkillsLaboratory Services; Time Management; Preceptor Skills; Communication; Laboratory Results Reporting; Laboratory Equipment Operation; Organizing
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.