Patient Care Unit Assistant (Day/Evening Rotation) - Cardiothoracic Intensive Care Unit - $1500 Sign-on Bonus!
Are you looking to begin a career in healthcare or are you an experienced healthcare professional looking to join a team of dedicated care providers? Join our Geisinger Nursing Institute today! Through professional growth, quality improvement and interdisciplinary collaboration, we’ve built an innovative culture that allows our nursing staff to grow their skillset, develop their practice and leverage their years of experience to build a rewarding, lasting career with impact.
Responsible and accountable for performing a wide range of clerical duties and direct patient care activities, depending on the need of the unit. The performance of these tasks in an efficient and timely manner is essential to enhance the care team's ability to provide quality care. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in the specific age range in their assigned clinical area.
- Provides patient care as directed by the licensed nurse, within the nursing assistant scope of practice, in meeting the multidisciplinary care plan established for each patient.
- Identifies, observes and documents the physical needs of the patient according to established standards.
- Reports changes in patient condition to licensed personnel in a timely manner.
- Obtains and maintains the integrity of specimens in accordance with policy and procedure, according to physician order.
- Performs EKGs as assigned following accepted practices, policy and procedures and physician order.
- Provides for or assists patients with activities of daily living and fulfills designated and delegated responsibilities for ongoing continuum of care.
- Provides one to one patient safety watch as assigned following established policies and procedures.
- Assists in problem solving, trouble shooting and taking corrective measures in care and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for actively participating in patient safety improvement and management program.
- Serves as a preceptor and mentor for new staff and students in a positive manner.
- Performs clerical duties for admissions, transfers, discharges, and deaths according to standards and facilitates patient throughput activities. Transcribes and processes orders according to unit standards.
- Releases and confirms ordered tests to appropriate departments.
- Coordinates transportation of patients to multiple tests.
- Communicates patient related information promptly to the appropriate care team member.
- Schedules tests, faxes consults, etc.
- Assists in obtaining and ordering supplies. Stationery items as well as floor stock, patient needs, individual nursing supplies.
- Communicates with food services to ensure appropriate patient diets.
- Operates, problem solves, and takes corrective measures for clerical equipment. To include scheduling maintenance of computers, fax machines, phones, etc.
- Participates in obtaining and communicating electronic information as pertinent to the nursing unit.
- Staff have access to non-controlled medications storage and supply areas and can transport non-controlled medications as necessary to meet the needs of the clinic or unit.
- Assists with transporting non-controlled medications to and from Pharmacy and within the unit as needed.
- Assists with transporting blood products to and from Blood Bank as needed.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
We’re proud to offer:
- $15 minimum hiring rate with increased rates for experienced individuals
- Up to $3/hr shift differentials for evening, nights and weekend shifts
- $1,500 sign-on bonus for eligible candidates (Internal candidates not eligible)
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance and 401k plans that starts day one of employment
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to enhance personal health and reduce health plan premiums for qualified individuals
- Up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement per year
- $40k in financial support to become a Registered Nurse
- Robust PTO plan in addition to six paid holidays and 32 hours of personal time per year
- Competitive 401k plan that includes automatic Geisinger contributions starting day one of employment
- Paid parental leave and military leave
- Fertility and adoption support
- On the job training and education
- Shared governance structure that empowers our nursing support staff
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing leaders
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive program
Join the Geisinger Family! Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please contact Maggie Lucas. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Preferred)
SkillsCustomer Service; Communication; Clerical I; Office Politics And Confidentiality
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.