Patient Companion - Central Region Float Pool - $1500 Hiring Incentive!
Are you looking to begin a career in healthcare or are you an experienced healthcare professional looking to join a team of dedicated care providers? Join our Geisinger Nursing Institute today! Through professional growth, quality improvement and interdisciplinary collaboration, we’ve built an innovative culture that allows our nursing staff to grow their skillset, develop their practice and leverage their years of experience to build a rewarding, lasting career with impact.
Provides a safe environment, companionship and supportive care for patients that require constant observation as identified by a nurse or physician. Maintains a safe environment for any patient requiring 1:1 supervision. Maintains constant observation of patient. Responsible to accompany the patient if he or she must leave the unit for reasons identified by the care provider.
- Maintain a safe, private, and comfortable therapeutic environment.
- Redirects impulsive and harmful behavior.
- Remain in clear sight of patient at all times, unless otherwise instructed by the nursing staff.
- Calls for assistance when unable to redirect patient or there is a potential for self-injury.
- Participate in report at the beginning and end of shift, making sure to inform pertinent information to Registered Nurse at the end of the shift.
- Accompany patient to all clinical tests, procedures, or appointments off the patient unit.
- Talks to the patient and use conversation to keep them focused.
- Assist patients with meals, when patient does not have swallowing precautions, or require carbohydrate counts.
- Assist with bed making.
- Activates bed alarms and and or chair alarms.
- Assists staff with walking patients.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
We’re proud to offer:
- $15 minimum hiring rate with increased rates for experienced individuals
- Up to $3/hr shift differentials for evening, nights and weekend shifts
- $1,500 Hiring incentive for eligible candidates (Internal candidates not eligible)
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance and 401k plans that starts day one of employment
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to enhance personal health and reduce health plan premiums for qualified individuals
- Up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement per year
- $40k in financial support to become a Registered Nurse
- Robust PTO plan in addition to six paid holidays and 32 hours of personal time per year
- Competitive 401k plan that includes automatic Geisinger contributions starting day one of employment
- Paid parental leave and military leave
- Fertility and adoption support
- On the job training and education
- Shared governance structure that empowers our nursing support staff
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing leaders
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive program
Join the Geisinger Family! Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please contact Maggie Lucas. (email@example.com)
EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
SkillsClinical Skills; Interpersonal Communication; Teamwork; Preceptor Skills; Communication; Computer Literacy
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.