Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner Inpatient Hematology Oncology $15k recruitment incentive
Geisinger's Cancer Institute is seeking an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) to join our inpatient cancer team at Geisinger Medical Center (GMC) in Danville, PA.
- Performs initial assessment and triage of patients based on information obtained pertinent to presenting condition.
- Keeps track of pertinent procedure and laboratory results, discusses with physician, and returns call to family and patient regarding the results and plans.
- Assists with arranging appropriate follow-up for the patients in coordination with the outpatient cancer institute team.
- Participate with joints rounds with attending and fellows.
- Obtains or assists in the prior auth process for medications, diagnostic studies, and treatments as time allows.
- Once competent, will perform bone marrow biopsies and lumbar punctures.
- Involvement in BMT meetings and implementing BMT policies and procedures as time allows.
- Assistance in implementing Geisinger and/or Cancer institute special initiatives as time allows.
Work is typically performed in a clinical inpatient environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
EducationMaster's Degree-Nurse Practitioner (Required), Master's Degree-Physician Assistant (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body; Certified Physician Assistant - National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
SkillsHealth Information Documentation; Patients Rights; Clinical Policies And Standards; Patient Assessment And Care; Care Management Knowledge; Patient Safety
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.
Best employer for healthy lifestyles – National Business Group
Access to 121 state parks