Preanalytical Specialist, GMC Phlebotomy (Full Time) (Nights) SIGN ON BONUS
5+ years phlebotomy experience required. $5,000 sign on bonus for qualified applicants! Serves as the technical expert and provides day-to-day supervision of Phlebotomy and/or Receiving and Processing areas. Responsible and accountable for performing a wide range of tasks to provide a specimen of highest analytical quality for testing and accurate information laboratories' clients.
- Performs the functions of a Phlebotomist, Lab Assistant II, or Technical Lab Assistant and Phlebotomist Technician as necessary.
- Performs technical role and provides technical knowledge and support to staff and clients.
- Provides timely analysis and resolution of technical problems in accordance with established laboratory policies and patient safety standards and cooperatively resolves service issues.
- Collaborates with specialty specific technical specialist at other lab locations to assure standardization system-wide.
- Participates in and coordinates the development of policy and procedure manuals with supervisor or team leader and system colleagues.
- Assures timely and regular review of procedure manuals.
- Performs various audits and monitors various logs as appropriate.
- Participates with the supervisor or team leader and system colleagues in developing and maintaining Quality Assurance and Service Improvement activity in the functional area.
- Provides adequate level of supervision including direct observation of patient preparation, specimen collection, transport, specimen handling, processing and reporting results as appropriate.
- Manages personnel and schedules.
- Provides orientation to all new employees and identifies training needs and ensures that employees receive regular in-service training and education appropriate for their job responsibilities.
- Encourages and engages in service-oriented behavior designed to support and meet the needs of our various clients.
- Provides timely consultations and takes prompt action to correct problems and issues.
- Evaluates, monitors and documents the performance of competency of each employee continually.
- Assumes accountability for ordering and maintaining adequate supply inventory as appropriate.
- Participates in educational and training activities to acquire new skills and maintain current proficiency.
- Accepts that overnight travel may be required.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures.
The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
*Relevant experience may be a combination of related work experience and degree obtained (Associate’s Degree = 2 years; Bachelor’s Degree = 4 years).
Join our night shift laboratory team at Geisinger Medical Center!
Our pre-analytical specialists aid in the development of our laboratory staff, help with scheduling, ensure quality, and provide technical knowledge and support to the team.
The successful candidate will have at least five years' experience in a laboratory setting AND a PBT (ASCP).
$5,000 sign on bonus for qualified applicants!
EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 5 years-Relevant experience* (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Certified Phlebotomy Technician - American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.
Best employer for healthy lifestyles – National Business Group
Access to 121 state parks