Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager - Care Coordination
You’re ready for your next challenge, the kind that only a nationally recognized healthcare system can provide. At Geisinger, leading healthcare change starts with collaboration, community and lifelong learning. From our systemwide initiatives like our Nurse Residency Program and the Geisinger Nursing Institute, we give our nurses the tools to build a career with lasting impact.
What makes a successful nurse at Geisinger? Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. Our nurses treat each other with respect and compassion, embrace diversity and take time to connect and listen. We are led by five main values:
Our Geisinger Family
Growing up in the northeast, Geisinger has always had a reputation of being a leader in cutting edge medicine. Being part of their staff is both a privilege and honor. So far working as a RN, has been an incredible experience. The staff is knowledgeable and passionate about their field. They are always willing to help me further my education and skills.RN, Telemetry Unit, GMC
I had a very positive experience as a student nurse during my clinical rotations and knew I wanted to join the nursing team at Geisinger Lewistown Hospital. As a new nurse everyone has been extremely helpful. My coworkers are dedicated to the success of the team and providing the best care possible for our patients.RN, Orthopedic Oncology, GLH
I'm excited to take the lessons I've learned along my journey from bedside nurse to educator to leader and help position Geisinger's more than 6,500 nurses—in all positions, from LPNs to RNs to advanced practice nurses—for their own future successes.Chief Nursing Executive, MSN, RN
Health and Wellness Programs
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Awards and Recognition
Through professional growth, quality improvement, and interdisciplinary collaboration, we’ve built an innovative culture that allows nurses to grow their skillsets, develop their practice, and leverage their years of experience to build a rewarding, lasting career with impact. Our Geisinger nurses make a difference in the lives of the people they see every day- our friends, neighbors, and family members.
Assesses, plans, implements, coordinates, monitors and evaluates all options and services with the goal of optimizing the patient or member's health status. Manages utilization and practice metrics to further refine the delivery of care model to maximize clinical, quality, and fiscal outcomes.
Integrates evidence-based clinical guidelines, preventive guidelines, protocols, and other metrics in the development of treatment plans that are patient-centric, promoting quality and efficiency in the delivery of healthcare for the identified population.
- Develops systems of care that monitor progress and promote early intervention in acute care situations.
- Assists with the design, implementation, and evaluation of the advanced patient centered care model.
- Assesses the healthcare, educational and psychosocial needs of patients or members.
- Designs an individualized plan of care and fosters a team approach by working collaboratively with the patient or member, family, primary care provider, and other members of the health care team to ensure coordination of services.
- Continuously evaluates laboratory results, diagnostic tests, utilization patterns and other metrics to monitor quality and efficiency results for assigned population.
- Works to appropriately apply benefits and utilization management serving as a resource to the patient or member and healthcare team.
- Maintains required documentation for all case management activities.
- Collects required data and utilizes this data to adjust the treatment plan when indicated.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
The RN Case Manager role allows nurses who are looking to transition away from the bedside to continue to use their nursing and critical thinking skills in a fast paced environment where no two days are ever the same. It is a challenging, yet rewarding role that gives you the opportunity to positively affect the lives of patients and families. You will be able to maintain a good work life balance and you will be surrounded by a supportive interdisciplinary team.
- Hours: 8a to 4:30p (Typical hours, may need to be flexible based on patient need)
- Required experience: 3 years of RN work experience
- Certification: Must obtain ACM certification with 2 years. Geisinger will help you with this
- On call: Rotation based- to be reviewed at interview
- Weekends: Rotation based- to be reviewed at interview
- Holidays: Rotation based- to be reviewed at interview
- Making better health easy: The RN Case Manager role allows for you to collaborate with all members of the care team in both inpatient and outpatient settings to ensure smooth transitions of care for our patients.
At Geisinger, the caring that we provide to our patients and members also extends to you and your family. Our competitive compensation and benefits package helps you and your loved ones stay healthy, meet your financial goals and thrive professionally and personally.
- Benefits: Geisinger offers a comprehensive suite of healthcare benefits, including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental coverage. And with our healthcare benefits, you’ll also receive care from one of the top innovative healthcare systems in the country. Our suite of benefits supports you and your family in a variety of ways, including coverage for same-sex or opposite-sex spouses, domestic partners and their children and stepchildren.
- Paid Time Off: Our generous paid-time-off packages allow you to take the time you need to travel, rest, and care for and reconnect with friends and family. We also offer paid military and parental leave.
- Diversity and Inclusion: We strive to create an environment where our patients, health plan members and employees can be their most authentic selves. Join one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). ERGs provide opportunities for all Geisinger employees to build internal and external networks and further develop professionally. ERGs are formed around common identities but are open to all employees.
- Tuition Assistance: Up to $5,000 tuition reimbursement: We offer tuition reimbursement towards both undergraduate and graduate degrees.(Part time and Full Time Positions only)
- Retirement: We contribute 5% of your salary to your retirement plan and offer auto-enrollment to make saving convenient for you.
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing (Required), Bachelor's Degree-Nursing (Preferred)
ExperienceMinimum of 3 years-Nursing (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania; Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body
SkillsOrganizing; Computer Literacy; Critical Thinking
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
- RN-Registered Nurse Part Time-Advanced Acute Care Medical Danville, Pennsylvania
- RN-Registered Nurse-Advanced Acute Care Medical Danville, Pennsylvania
- RN-Registered Nurse-Advanced Acute Care Medical Danville, Pennsylvania
- Inpatient RN-Advanced Acute Care Medical/Transplant-Up to $26K Hiring Incentive! Danville, Pennsylvania