RN Electrophysiology Laboratory (Joining Incentive)
You’re ready for your next challenge, the kind that only a nationally recognized healthcare system can provide. At Geisinger, leading healthcare change starts with collaboration, community and lifelong learning. From our systemwide initiatives like our Nurse Residency Program and the Geisinger Nursing Institute, we give our nurses the tools to build a career with lasting impact.
What makes a successful nurse at Geisinger? Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. Our nurses treat each other with respect and compassion, embrace diversity and take time to connect and listen. We are led by five main values:
Our Geisinger Family
Growing up in the northeast, Geisinger has always had a reputation of being a leader in cutting edge medicine. Being part of their staff is both a privilege and honor. So far working as a RN, has been an incredible experience. The staff is knowledgeable and passionate about their field. They are always willing to help me further my education and skills.RN, Telemetry Unit, GMC
I had a very positive experience as a student nurse during my clinical rotations and knew I wanted to join the nursing team at Geisinger Lewistown Hospital. As a new nurse everyone has been extremely helpful. My coworkers are dedicated to the success of the team and providing the best care possible for our patients.RN, Orthopedic Oncology, GLH
I'm excited to take the lessons I've learned along my journey from bedside nurse to educator to leader and help position Geisinger's more than 6,500 nurses—in all positions, from LPNs to RNs to advanced practice nurses—for their own future successes.Chief Nursing Executive, MSN, RN
Health and Wellness Programs
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Awards and Recognition
Participates in the daily operations in the Electrophysiology Laboratory including assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care as well as performing circulating functions during procedures. Administers conscious sedation, scrubs for ablations, surgical implantation and extraction of devices, evaluates pacemakers and defibrillators during procedures, and coordinates support services for cases.
- Performs the daily procedures including radio-frequency catheter ablations, pacemaker implants, implants, loop recorders lead extractions, tilt table tests, Brugada studies, direct current cardioversions, and intra-cardiac ultrasound Doppler with assuring the proper level of supplies are available in the laboratory during procedures.
- Maintains and troubleshoots Electrophysiology Laboratory equipment to assure operability and safety; calibrates equipment and performs routine preventative maintenance procedures.
- Performs emergency therapeutic maneuvers during procedures.
- Assists the physician in the preparation of the patient, assists during the procedure, and provides all appropriate services to safely and efficiently complete patient procedures.
- Administers adult conscious sedation, IV antibiotics, blood products and pharmacological testing in the Electrophysiology Lab, Cardiac Recovery Suite and critical care areas while continuously monitoring patient's physiologic and psychological status throughout procedure.
- Assesses patient responses to medications and testing per protocols and document information in medical record with initiation of the appropriate treatment with any adverse reactions.
- Responsible for maintaining primary and secondary hemostasis during and after procedure with assessment of the sites intra-procedure and post procedure.
- Participates in the evaluation and analysis of pulse generators during pacemaker procedures and pacemaker clinic.
- Facilitates in the cleaning, packaging and sterilization of the EP equipment and instruments.
- Assists with the training and orientation of students, trainees, techs, cardiology fellows, and electrophysiology technologists, and Electrophysiology RNs new to the department.
- Assists with ongoing clinical research trials pertinent to the electrophysiology laboratory.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
***Qualified candidates may be eligible for a 10K sign on bonus over 2 years**
Work Schedule: Days; typical schedule 7a to 3:30p
Weekends and Major Holidays: None
Required Experience: minimum of 2 years RN experience
At Geisinger, the caring that we provide to our patients and members also extends to you and your family. Our competitive compensation and benefits package helps you and your loved ones stay healthy, meet your financial goals and thrive professionally and personally.
- Benefits: Geisinger offers a comprehensive suite of healthcare benefits, including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental coverage. And with our healthcare benefits, you’ll also receive care from one of the top innovative healthcare systems in the country. Our suite of benefits supports you and your family in a variety of ways, including coverage for same-sex or opposite-sex spouses, domestic partners and their children and stepchildren.
- Paid Time Off: Our generous paid-time-off packages allow you to take the time you need to travel, rest, and care for and reconnect with friends and family. We also offer paid military and parental leave.
- Diversity and Inclusion: We strive to create an environment where our patients, health plan members and employees can be their most authentic selves. Join one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). ERGs provide opportunities for all Geisinger employees to build internal and external networks and further develop professionally. ERGs are formed around common identities but are open to all employees.
- Tuition Assistance: Up to $5,000 tuition reimbursement: We offer tuition reimbursement towards both undergraduate and graduate degrees.(Part time and Full Time Positions only).
- Retirement: We contribute 5% of your salary to your retirement plan and offer auto-enrollment to make saving convenient for you.
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 2 years-Nursing (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body; Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification within 6 months - American Heart Association (AHA); Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania
SkillsHealth Information Documentation; Computer Literacy; Interpersonal Communication; Clinical Skills; Patient Assessment And Care; Teamwork; Communication
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
- Inpatient RN-Central Region Med/Surg Float Pool - Up to $26K Hiring Incentive! Danville, Pennsylvania
- Inpatient RN-Central Region Critical Care Float Pool - Up to $26K Hiring Incentive! Danville, Pennsylvania
- Inpatient RN-Medical Observation Unit-Up to $26K Hiring Incentive! Danville, Pennsylvania
- Inpatient RN - Medical Observation Unit- Up to $26K Hiring Incentive! Danville, Pennsylvania