RN - Registered Nurse Professional Development Practitioner - Pediatric ICU
You’re ready for your next challenge, the kind that only a nationally recognized healthcare system can provide. At Geisinger, leading healthcare change starts with collaboration, community and lifelong learning. From our systemwide initiatives like our Nurse Residency Program and the Geisinger Nursing Institute, we give our nurses the tools to build a career with lasting impact.
What makes a successful nurse at Geisinger? Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. Our nurses treat each other with respect and compassion, embrace diversity and take time to connect and listen. We are led by five main values:
Our Geisinger Family
Growing up in the northeast, Geisinger has always had a reputation of being a leader in cutting edge medicine. Being part of their staff is both a privilege and honor. So far working as a RN, has been an incredible experience. The staff is knowledgeable and passionate about their field. They are always willing to help me further my education and skills.RN, Telemetry Unit, GMC
I had a very positive experience as a student nurse during my clinical rotations and knew I wanted to join the nursing team at Geisinger Lewistown Hospital. As a new nurse everyone has been extremely helpful. My coworkers are dedicated to the success of the team and providing the best care possible for our patients.RN, Orthopedic Oncology, GLH
I'm excited to take the lessons I've learned along my journey from bedside nurse to educator to leader and help position Geisinger's more than 6,500 nurses—in all positions, from LPNs to RNs to advanced practice nurses—for their own future successes.Chief Nursing Executive, MSN, RN
Health and Wellness Programs
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Awards and Recognition
Geisinger Janet Weis Children’s Hospital Level I Pediatric ICU The Level I pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) at Geisinger Janet Weis Children’s Hospital provides the highest level of medical care for seriously ill or injured children in central and northeastern Pennsylvania and beyond. Equipped with the latest technology, it is staffed by fellowship-trained pediatric critical care specialists, surgeons and subspecialists, as well as pediatric critical care nurses, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, therapists and other health professionals who serve the unique needs of children 24 hours a day. The PICU provides young patients with healthcare that equals or surpasses that of the best dedicated children’s hospitals anywhere in the country. Since 1981, the professionals at Geisinger Janet Weis Children’s Hospital have been saving lives and helping children get back to their families, schools and playgrounds as quickly as possible. Join the Geisinger Family! Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please contact Katy Baralt, Nurse Recruiter, at email@example.com.
Coordinates and supervises the delivery of educational activities on assigned unit. Collaborates with managers to supervise the orientation process. Develops educational programs and processes to promote professional development for nurses throughout the organization. Assists in the implementation and continuing support of the electronic medical record. Uses tools, skills and knowledge to improve the healthcare practice of learners.
- Uses educational design process to bridge the knowledge, skills, and practice gaps identified through a need assessment.
- Provides classroom instruction using these techniques and innovative processes.
- Actively works to transform processes through inspiration, initiation, adaptation and sustainment of and adaptation to change using project management and improvement process.
- Provide leadership on unit, councils and committees.
- Influences the inter-professional practice and learning environments in nursing and healthcare.
- Assists others in their professional role development, practice role transitions, and succession planning.
- Professional role development involves identification and development of strategies to facilitate a continuous process of maturation through lifelong learning.
- Promotes the generation and dissemination of new knowledge and the use of evidence to advance the NPD practice, guide clinical practice and improve patient care.
- Actively supports, promotes and demonstrates nursing professional development as a nursing practice specialty.
- Develops, coordinates, manages, facilitates, conducts and evaluates onboarding and orientation programs for nursing and other healthcare personnel.
- Provides direct supervision to assigned personnel, assists with orientation and integration of new employees, and builds a sense of pride in employees and promotes good morale.
- Communicates significant issues on units to Operations Manager in a timely manner. Assists Operations Managers by carrying out the process improvement plan and/or educational plan with staff completing documentation of remediation.
- Actively supports the transition of nurses and other healthcare team members across learning and practice environments, roles and professional stages.
- Coordinates the attendance of personnel at internal and external educational programs. Provides ongoing education based on educational needs assessment, unit needs, staff request and management request.
- Develops, coordinates, manages, facilitates, conducts and evaluates competency programs. Supervise annual unit-based skills assessment and competency completion.
- Design educational activities to address practice gaps for identified target audiences, which may include continuing nursing education, inter-professional continuing education and education for non-licensed healthcare personnel.
- Establish, teach, and evaluate professional development activities.
- Collaborates with Career Enhancement Program Staff in meeting the educational needs of Intermediate Staff.
- Participates in the active mentoring and coaching of Career Enhancement Program staff.
- Participation in research, evidence-based practice, and quality improvement activities is expected. Participates in the formulation of nursing policies and goals as well as policies affecting other departments; communicates and interprets policies, procedures, and regulations to patients, visitor and staff members, as required.
- Promotes and supports concepts of positive guest relations.
- Collaborate with partners to share expertise in planning and decision making to achieve the desired results. Frequently involved in academic and practice partnerships.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
Monday - Friday, Days
Pediatric ICU experience
EducationBachelor's Degree-Nursing (Required), Master's Degree- (Preferred)
ExperienceMinimum of 3 years-Nursing (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania; Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body
SkillsComputer Literacy; Communication; Preceptor Skills; Teamwork; Interpersonal Communication; Clinical Skills
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
- RN-Registered Nurse Part Time-Advanced Acute Care Medical Danville, Pennsylvania
- RN - Registered Nurse Per Diem - Advanced Acute Care Orthopaedics Danville, Pennsylvania
- RN-Registered Nurse Per Diem-Advanced Acute Care Neurosciences Danville, Pennsylvania
- Transfer Team Technician - No CNA Cert Required - Day/Eve Shift Danville, Pennsylvania
Recently Viewed Jobs
Your recently viewed jobs will appear here