Strategic Sourcing Specialist II
Identify project plan, implement and monitor supply chain expense or utilization opportunities to optimize total organizational expenses. As part of the Sourcing team, works collaboratively with clinical and operational leadership in a team-based environment to optimize the selection, standardization towards formulary management, and utilization of product and services for the organization. In addition, this position has operational responsibility in collaboration with Supply Chain subdivisions to ensure that product and services are priced accurately, available timely, carried in the appropriate quantities and locations, and delivered in the most efficient manner to meet patient care needs.
- With limited supervision, conducts advanced analytics and scenario-based outcome assessments to best inform business operations as to potential Total Cost of Ownership impact a category change may result in. optimizes product and service expense and pricing and action the pipeline assigned to generate value opportunities through supply market analysis, value analysis, benchmarking and utilization assessment.
- With limited supervision, conducts competitive analysis and bidding, develops, and executes negotiation strategies with suppliers and implements required contractual agreements for assigned product and service categories.
- Evaluates all contractual agreements, proposals, and negotiates commercial terms, inclusive of business risk and adherence to guidelines established.
- Post contract execution monitoring assigned portfolio expenses to ensure category / contract compliance, where applicable, enacting a semi-annual pipeline of savings of opportunities based on renegotiation, Request For Proposal, consolidation of current spends, assisting customers with procurement of non- savings related needs, adoption of best in class technology to perform contract management, e-sourcing, etc. Ensures accuracy, data integrity, and validity in all work.
- Performs in depth analysis on each assigned request to ensure all financial comparisons are accurate and thorough so that a comprehensive value-based decision can be made by the business.
- Facilitate Value Analysis meetings, as required.
- With limited supervision develops complex bid solicitations, proposal review and vendor negotiations to optimize contractual terms including, but not limited to pricing.
- Ensures all bidding activity within the category is conducted in an open, fair and transparent procurement process (may include RFI, RFP, etc.) that delivers best value with integrity and meets all ethical standards.
- With limited supervision, demonstrates the ability to persuade, influence and negotiate multi-million-dollar contracts vendor(s) to meet the organization’s strategic objectives.
- identifies stakeholders, suppliers, team members and other vendor organizations and builds and maintains the appropriate relationship in alignment with a segmentedsupply strategy and builds a supplier performance management process.
- Adheres to a disciplined application of standard work including standard operating procedures, tools, etc. to achieve objectives and final deliverables within a finite timescale and budget
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
*Geisinger offers comprehensive suite of healthcare benefits all starting day one of employment! This includes medical, prescription drug, vision and dental coverage. We also offer up to $5,000 tuition reimbursement and 5% contribution to your retirement plan.
EducationBachelor's Degree- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 2 years-Related work experience (Required)
SkillsCommunication; Project Management; Computer Literacy; Customer Service; Mentoring Skills; Office Administration
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.
Best employer for healthy lifestyles – National Business Group
Access to 121 state parks