Speech Language Pathologist - Geisinger Jersey Shore Hospital
Responsible for speech therapy services including evaluation and treatment of speech and language disorders, swallowing disorders, and video fluoroscopy swallowing studies. Serves as a resource for staff in dealing with participants with communication, speech, and swallowing difficulties.
- Assesses participants swallowing, speech and language, and feeding dysfunction and restorative potential.
- Performs evaluations and assessments within 48 hours of receiving MD order.
- Performs written or electronic evaluations.
- Determines patient and family needs related to cognition swallowing, and speech and language function.
- Discusses with patient and family to identify patient goals and expectations.
- Develops a comprehensive care plan for each patient.
- Plans and performs therapeutic interventions to restore function and enhance quality of life to the greatest extent possible.
- Plans individual therapy interventions.
- Establishes priority areas of treatment.
- Provides speech therapy services to restore impaired speech, language, and swallowing disorders.
- May include treatment program to improve cognition, swallowing function and correct disorders, improve communication and speech ability, and correct disorders.
- Establishes suitable and achievable treatment goal, which contain time frames.
- Provides individual therapy for patients as needed or prescribed in the care plan.
- Performs the appropriate clinical tests and measurements to improve function whenever possible.
- Prepares the patient for treatment by explaining the treatment process and positioning for comfort, safety, and optimal response.
- Performs appropriate documentation in all areas of care.
- Ensures completeness of documentation of all clinical services rendered to patients.
- Satisfactorily completes and maintains all discipline specific competencies.
- Maintains statistical records as required.
- Determines equipment and supply needs and utilizes budget resources to obtain.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
- Licensed in the state of Pennsylvania - is required
- Rotating weekends and holidays - is required
- Great team environment
EducationMaster's Degree-Speech Pathology (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 2 years-Related work experience (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)Licensed Speech Language Pathologist (Pennsylvania) - State of Pennsylvania
SkillsRehabilitation Practices/Programs; Health Care Policy And Ethics Compliance; Rehab Assessment And Care
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.
Best employer for healthy lifestyles – National Business Group
Access to 121 state parks