RN - Registered Nurse - 6 Advanced Acute Care Orthopedic/Post OP/Trauma Unit
You’re ready for your next challenge, the kind that only a nationally recognized healthcare system can provide. At Geisinger, leading healthcare change starts with collaboration, community and lifelong learning. From our systemwide initiatives like our Nurse Residency Program and the Geisinger Nursing Institute, we give our nurses the tools to build a career with lasting impact.
What makes a successful nurse at Geisinger? Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. Our nurses treat each other with respect and compassion, embrace diversity and take time to connect and listen. We are led by five main values:
Our Geisinger Family
Growing up in the northeast, Geisinger has always had a reputation of being a leader in cutting edge medicine. Being part of their staff is both a privilege and honor. So far working as a RN, has been an incredible experience. The staff is knowledgeable and passionate about their field. They are always willing to help me further my education and skills.RN, Telemetry Unit, GMC
I had a very positive experience as a student nurse during my clinical rotations and knew I wanted to join the nursing team at Geisinger Lewistown Hospital. As a new nurse everyone has been extremely helpful. My coworkers are dedicated to the success of the team and providing the best care possible for our patients.RN, Orthopedic Oncology, GLH
I'm excited to take the lessons I've learned along my journey from bedside nurse to educator to leader and help position Geisinger's more than 6,500 nurses—in all positions, from LPNs to RNs to advanced practice nurses—for their own future successes.Chief Nursing Executive, MSN, RN
Health and Wellness Programs
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Awards and Recognition
Geisinger is proud to offer an Inpatient RN up to $24,000 hiring incentive for eligible candidates! $36 minimum hiring rate with increased rates for experienced individuals and up to $7 shift differentials for evening, night, and weekend shifts!
- Assesses plans, organizes, performs, and evaluates nursing activities to meet the needs of the patient. Promotes adaptive responses of patient and family to achieve the highest level of patient care, promote safety, and maximize patient satisfaction. Exhibits compassionate care during patient-nurse interactions. Coordinates patient care and interaction of staff. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in their assigned nursing unit. Responsible for ensuring the very best patient and family experience by optimizing all interactions.
- Completes assessments as established by scope of practice and unit standards.
- Addresses physical, psychological, social, cultural, and spiritual needs of patient and family throughout the continuum of care.
- Formulates, coordinates, and provides plan of care as established in unit standards including, patient and family education, family needs and discharge planning throughout hospitalization with members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Provides direct patient care including, treatments, medications, and diagnostic studies according to policy and procedure.
- Evaluates effectiveness of nursing interventions and revises plan of care based upon patient response to interventions.
- Initiates collaboration with physicians, ancillary personnel, and other interdisciplinary team members and acts to proactively resolve and facilitate patient needs.
- Problem solves, troubleshoots and takes corrective measures in the care and handling of equipment.
- Participates in unit-based decision-making regarding the utilization of evidence- based practice.
- Actively participates as a team member working toward team goals of the unit and organization and is accountable for unit and system specific metrics.
- Actively participates in patient quality and safety education programs and other activities designed to improve departmental and organizational quality and safety.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
Benefits of working at Geisinger:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that starts day one of employment
- Relocation assistance for eligible candidates
- Grow your career with up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement per year
- Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a flexible spending account (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term disability, and Long-term disability
- Competitive 401k plan that includes automatic Geisinger contributions starting day one of employment
- PTO plan that allows you to earn more time fast
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and earn incentives
- Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid parental leave, paid military leave and a free care.com membership with discounted backup care for your loved ones.
- The ability to work under a Temporary Practice Permit until you take NCLEX
- Shared governance structure that empowers our nurses
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing leaders
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive program
Join the Geisinger Family! Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please contact Tracey Carolus, Nurse Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-242-7202.
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body; Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania
SkillsOrganizing; Communication; Preceptor Skills; Teamwork; Interpersonal Communication; Clinical Skills
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
- RN – Graduate Nurse (Geisinger Lewistown Hospital), Up to $21K Hiring Incentive! Lewistown, Pennsylvania
- Registered Nurse (RN) Electrophysiology- Per Diem/Additional Job Lewistown, Pennsylvania
- RN - Registered Nurse - 4 Advanced Acute Care Medical/Cardiac Telemetry Unit Lewistown, Pennsylvania
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) - Orthopaedics Lewistown, Pennsylvania
Recently Viewed Jobs
Your recently viewed jobs will appear here