MRI Technologist II USW
Performs imaging procedures at a technical level. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in the specific age range on their assigned clinical area.
- Knowledge of the Magnetic Resonance imaging process and safety in the Magnetic Resonance environment.
- Provides protection to patients and personnel in accordance with prescribed safety standards.
- Prepares and positions patients for Magnetic Resonance procedure; thoroughly explains exam and answers patients' questions.
- Performs Magnetic Resonance Imaging procedures including neuro, body, and extremity, following protocols set by a Radiologist.
- Performs venous access on all patients requiring IV contrast administration as directed by a Radiologist.
- Enters necessary data into radiology imaging system, IDX Imaging Suite, and picture archiving communcation system, Image Management Systems.
- Processes images as necessary.
- Ability to identify anatomy on images.
- Performs quality control tests of equipment; reports any irregularities.
- Notifies Team Leader and appropriate maintenance personnel of equipment malfunctions.
- Shares the responsibilities for ordering supplies; notifies appropriate personnel of supply levels.
- Acts as a Radiology liaison; provides radiological support to physicians as requested; refers problems to Team Leader.
- Imaging exams and procedure tray set up require access and handling of non-controlled medications.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Clinical (Required), Minimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)Certified MRI Technologist - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT); Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body; Certified Radiology Technologist - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
SkillsMedical Equipment Management (Mem); Diagnostic Imaging; Radiation Safety; Radiology; Communication Skills; Preceptor Skills; Independent Work
Our Purpose & Values
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality.
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
Geisinger is committed to making better health easier for the more than 1 million people it serves. Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes nine hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,600 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.