Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Critical Care
Geisinger Lewistown Hospital is seeking a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join our skilled team of critical care providers.
- Work 14 nocturnal shifts/month
- 12-hour shifts
- 7 on/7 off schedule, open to different scheduling options
- Serve in a collaborative role with the physician and staff in assessing needs, planning and providing education and care, evaluating outcomes, and coordinating follow-up for patients
- State College, home to Penn State University, offers a diverse culture, excellent public schools with options for private or charter schools, endless options for dining, theatre, sports and recreation, nightlife and more
- Outstanding outdoor activities including hiking, biking, fishing with numerous state parks within a short driving distance
- State College is the 8th best city in the United States to move to as well as one of the best to raise a family
- University Park airport provides easy travel opportunities
EducationMaster's Degree-Nurse Practitioner (Required), Master's Degree-Physician Assistant (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body; Certified Physician Assistant - National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
SkillsCare Management Knowledge; Patient Assessment And Care; Clinical Policies And Standards; Patients Rights; Health Information Documentation; Patient Safety
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
Top 8 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems
– Becker's Hospital Review