Pharmacy Technician I USW- Full time! Sign On Bonus!!
Under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist, fills all physician orders/prescriptions which include all oral, topical, and injectable medications as well as nutrition.
- Receive written prescriptions or refill request for patients.
- Obtain patient health information and data needed to process prescriptions.
- Enter patient and prescription information into the pharmacy computer and patient profile database.
- Answer the telephone and handle questions that do not require a pharmacist’s expertise or judgment.
- Retrieve mediations from shelves, count or pour medications, label containers, and price prescriptions.
- Process prescriptions and print medication labels.
- Assist the pharmacist in packaging and preparing medications.
- After the medication is prepared and packaged the supervising pharmacist must check the label and medication, document his and her inspection, and accept total responsibility for its preparation.
- Order medications and check medication in from suppliers.
- Maintain records which are related to the practice of pharmacy.
- Complete the sale of over-the-counter medication.
- Complete sales transactions on cash register and record them in documentation log when needed.
- Check for overstock and outdated medications and complete return process when appropriate.
- Orient and help train new pharmacy personnel.
Work is typically performed in a clinical and office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our inpatient pharmacy team at Geisinger Lewistown Hospital! The position qualifies for a sign on bonus!
EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Preferred)
SkillsCommunication; Computer Literacy; Pharmaceutical Names; Independent Work
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.