Clinic Registered Nurse (RN) - LIFE Geisinger (Per Diem)
You’re ready for your next challenge, the kind that only a nationally recognized healthcare system can provide. At Geisinger, leading healthcare change starts with collaboration, community and lifelong learning. From our systemwide initiatives like our Nurse Residency Program and the Geisinger Nursing Institute, we give our nurses the tools to build a career with lasting impact.
What makes a successful nurse at Geisinger? Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. Our nurses treat each other with respect and compassion, embrace diversity and take time to connect and listen. We are led by five main values:
Our Geisinger Family
Growing up in the northeast, Geisinger has always had a reputation of being a leader in cutting edge medicine. Being part of their staff is both a privilege and honor. So far working as a RN, has been an incredible experience. The staff is knowledgeable and passionate about their field. They are always willing to help me further my education and skills.RN, Telemetry Unit, GMC
I had a very positive experience as a student nurse during my clinical rotations and knew I wanted to join the nursing team at Geisinger Lewistown Hospital. As a new nurse everyone has been extremely helpful. My coworkers are dedicated to the success of the team and providing the best care possible for our patients.RN, Orthopedic Oncology, GLH
I'm excited to take the lessons I've learned along my journey from bedside nurse to educator to leader and help position Geisinger's more than 6,500 nurses—in all positions, from LPNs to RNs to advanced practice nurses—for their own future successes.Chief Nursing Executive, MSN, RN
Health and Wellness Programs
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Awards and Recognition
The Clinic RN provides primary nursing support to the physician and patient to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of the patient's condition. Provides patient education, promotes an understanding of the condition and adheres with the treatment plan. The Registered Clinic Nurse, functions in the spirit of teamwork, is accountable for the delivery of care utilizing skills learned in the clinic. Assists other team members on the unit.
- Acts as clinic lead providing oversight of clinic flow and non-provider staff.
- Triages patient sick calls to facilitate appropriate treatment plan with providers.
- Obtains and documents patient medical history, chief complaint, vital signs, and provides basic medical data base for provider, and prepares patient for examinations.
- Oversees chart checks insuring that all patient completed testing is available for provider visit.
- Assists providers in procedures as directed by provider to facilitate accurate diagnosis and treatment.
- Monitor staffing levels to assure appropriate staffing based on clinic needs.
- Collects and prepares laboratory specimens and completes associated paperwork to expedite laboratory studies with maximum accuracy and efficiency.
- Executes and documents ongoing patient communication.
- Provides instruction to ensure patient's understanding of medical condition and compliance with treatment instructions.
- Inserts, monitors, regulates and discontinues IVs as required by provider.
- Administers medications, IV push medications, and topical medications.
- Routinely inspects and observes condition and operation of diagnostic equipment and instrumentation to ensure proper operation and identify need for preventive and corrective maintenance.
- May clean, sterilize and prepare instruments, according to established protocols, to ensure required level of asepsis and adequate availability.
- Cleans and sets up Procedure rooms between cases, ensures required level of asepsis, availability of appropriate instruments and equipment, and preparation of patient.
- Educate staff and patients on all aspects of medication and treatments as appropriate.
- Assists in all aspects of day to day clinic activity.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
- Hours: 8a to 5p (M-F)
- This is a per diem position and days may vary week to week.
LIFE Geisinger is a program for adults 55 and older designed to give seniors the support they need to live at home. LIFE Geisinger offers a full range of health and medical services, at our day centers. Our Geisinger nurses make a difference in the lives of the people they see every day- our friends, neighbors, and family members.
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body; Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania
SkillsInterpersonal Communication; Communication; Clinical Skills; Preceptor Skills; Organizing; Teamwork
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.