Respiratory Therapist Registered Per Diem
Are you a Respiratory Therapist or a recent new graduate looking to start your career as a Respiratory Therapist? Through professional growth, quality improvement and interdisciplinary collaboration, we’ve built an innovative culture that allows our Respiratory Therapist staff to grow their skillset, develop their practice and leverage their years of experience to build a rewarding, lasting career with impact. Assesses patients' respiratory care needs based on a variety of data. Plans, organizes, performs, and evaluates treatment modalities to meet those needs. Ensures the very best patient/family experience by optimizing all customer interaction.
- Consistently performs and documents thorough patient assessments.
- Establishes appropriate care plans.
- Communicates with other members of the patient care team.
- Correctly performs and documents routine therapeutic modalities including aerosolized medications, secretion management techniques, pulmonary volume expansion, oxygen therapy, and assists with routine care and maintenance of artificial airways.
- Initiates and manages conventional and high frequency mechanical ventilators according to established protocol.
- Provides appropriate, age-specific, patient and family education as it relates to disease management.
- Assists in intra-hospital transport of mechanically ventilated patients.
- Responsible for acute airway management in emergent situations.
- Sets up and manages non-invasive monitoring (i.e. ETCO monitors, pulse oximeters).
- When care management not available, assists with discharge planning for patients needing respiratory related DME supplies, follows appropriate insurance guidelines.
- Adheres to regulatory requirements and safety standards.
- Adheres to institutional and nationally established standards of care.
- Collects arterial blood gas samples and processes through point of care blood analyzers.
- Maintains the confidentially of patient information according to established internal and external specifications and regulations including release of information and HIPAA.
- Functions as the Shift Coordinator (charge person) when designated as such after one year of employment.
- Assists the medical team in the performance of fiberoptic bronchoscopy procedures.
- Assists the medical team with the placement invasive monitoring lines and obtains hemodynamic measurements and calculations.
- Assists in the intra-hospital transport of age specific patient groups.
- Functions as a preceptor for orientees and students in their clinical rotation.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
We’re proud to offer:
- Competitive pay rates
- Up to $5.50 shift differentials for evening, nights and weekend shifts
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to enhance personal health
- Competitive 401k plan that includes automatic Geisinger contributions starting day one of employment
- Shared governance structure that empowers our Respiratory Therapists
- Protocol driven care
- Therapist autonomy
- Evidence-based medicine practices
- Collaboration with Intensivist Critical Care team
- State-of-the-art equipment and technology
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing leaders
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
Join the Geisinger Family! Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please contact Lorie Lopez, Recruiter - firstname.lastname@example.org
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program- (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Member of National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) - National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC); Registered Respiratory Therapist - National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC); Registered Respiratory Therapist - National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC)
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.