Clinic Nurse LPN
You’re ready for your next challenge, the kind that only a nationally recognized healthcare system can provide. At Geisinger, leading healthcare change starts with collaboration, community and lifelong learning. From our systemwide initiatives like our Nurse Residency Program and the Geisinger Nursing Institute, we give our nurses the tools to build a career with lasting impact.
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. Our nurses treat each other with respect and compassion, embrace diversity and take time to connect and listen. We are led by five main values:
Our Geisinger Family
Growing up in the northeast, Geisinger has always had a reputation of being a leader in cutting edge medicine. Being part of their staff is both a privilege and honor. So far working as a RN, has been an incredible experience. The staff is knowledgeable and passionate about their field. They are always willing to help me further my education and skills.RN, Telemetry Unit, GMC
I had a very positive experience as a student nurse during my clinical rotations and knew I wanted to join the nursing team at Geisinger Lewistown Hospital. As a new nurse everyone has been extremely helpful. My coworkers are dedicated to the success of the team and providing the best care possible for our patients.RN, Orthopedic Oncology, GLH
I'm excited to take the lessons I've learned along my journey from bedside nurse to educator to leader and help position Geisinger's more than 6,500 nurses—in all positions, from LPNs to RNs to advanced practice nurses—for their own future successes.Chief Nursing Executive, MSN, RN
Provides primary clinical support to the provider, patient and their family to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of the patient's condition. Follows up on diagnostic testing to ensure completion, accuracy, and filing of same in medical record to ensure continuity and quality of care. Promotes a clean environment. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in specific age range on their assigned clinical area.
- Obtains and documents patient medical history, chief complaint, vital signs, and provides basic medical data base for provider, and prepares patient for examinations.
- Provides direct clinical care as directed by provider.
- Assists provider in performance of minor surgical diagnostic procedures and ancillary diagnostic examinations as directed by provider to facilitate accurate diagnosis.
- Collects and prepares laboratory specimens and complete associated paperwork to expedite laboratory studies with maximum accuracy and efficiency.
- Executes and documents ongoing patient communication, as directed by provider, prioritizes communication to the provider, responds to patient questions and requests to ensure efficient use of provider time and timely response to patients needs Administers medications and vaccines including intradermal and skin testing under the direction of a provider and per scope of practice.
- Cleans and sets up examination and treatment rooms between cases, ensures required levels of asepsis, availability of appropriate instruments and equipment, and preparation of patient.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
*Sign on Bonus available for eligible candidates*
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Nursing (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)Licensed Practical Nurse - Default Issuing Body; Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
- Clinic Nurse LPN Float Convenient Care North East Pittston, Pennsylvania
- Certified Medical Assistant Convenient Care Pittston Pittston, Pennsylvania
- CMA Float - Convenient Care - Pittston Pittston, Pennsylvania
- CMA Convenient Care Pittston (Per Diem) Pittston, Pennsylvania