Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Pulmonary Medicine
Geisinger is seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to provide comprehensive assessment and care delivery while demonstrating a high level of autonomy and expert skills in the diagnosis and management of Pulmonary Medicine patients.
- Practice 100% Pulmonary Medicine (opportunity to train in Sleep)
- Mostly outpatient pulmonary clinic work with limited inpatient pulmonary coverage at the Geisinger Lewistown Hospital campus
- See mostly asthma, copd, respiratory failure, pneumonia, etc in both inpatient and outpatient settings
- Monday-Friday, typical clinic hours and no call
- Join a team of 4 physicians and 4 advanced practice providers
- State College, home to Penn State University, offers a diverse culture, excellent public schools with options for private or charter schools, endless options for dining, theatre, sports and recreation, nightlife and more
- Outstanding outdoor activities including hiking, biking, fishing with numerous state parks within a short driving distance
- State College is the 8th best city in the United States to move to as well as one of the best to raise a family
- University Park airport provides easy travel opportunities
To learn more, please contact Tonya N. Harmon Boyer, Senior Provider Recruiter, at 570-854-1571 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
EducationMaster's Degree-Nurse Practitioner (Required), Master's Degree-Physician Assistant (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Certified Physician Assistant - National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA); Certified Nurse Practitioner - American Academy of Nurse Practitioners; Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body; Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania
SkillsPatient Safety; Health Information Documentation; Patients Rights; Clinical Policies And Standards; Patient Assessment And Care; Care Management Knowledge
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.
Best employer for healthy lifestyles – National Business Group
Access to 121 state parks