Manager Pharmacy- Geisinger 65 Forward Reedsville and Medical Clinic
The manager position will vary in scope and complexity based on the area to which the manager is assigned. In general, the manager will provide supervision of the staff, oversee the medication use process and clinical pharmacy services in their assigned area. Additionally, the manager will provide quality pharmaceutical care defined as being responsible for assuring the provision of safe, efficacious and cost-effective drug therapy for all patients. The manager will utilize integrated and routine communication with all health care professionals as well as patients concerning medication therapy management.
- Performs all pharmacist duties and responsibilities for their practice area.
- Accountable for ensuring that ‘best practice’ standards of clinical care are maintained, patient satisfaction is optimized, and an efficient medication use process and workflow is achieved.
- Evaluates the department’s current pharmacy practice and makes recommendations.
- Oversees and plans for the development of new programs based on need and opportunity.
- Responsible, as first line manager, for addressing and resolving employee and patient issues that arise, seeking advice and counsel, when necessary, from Human Resource or departmental leadership, to ensure a satisfactory outcome.
- Performs all performance management activities for assigned staff.
- Ensures adequate staffing levels, skill mix and assignments to support the appropriate provision of patient care.
- Responsible for staff recruitment and hiring processes in assigned area.
- Accountable for maintaining standards, clinical activities, operational activities, and performance metrics that meet clinical, operational and market needs.
- Identifies and analyzes changes in medication utilization and costs including factors driving change trends.
- Works in conjunction with the pharmacists, physicians, and administrative partners to develop processes or programs to address identified issues with medication utilization.
- Contributes to the development of evidence-based, cost containment and cost saving protocols and therapies.
- Responsible for providing input into staffing and financial budgets for their assigned areas.
- Communicates and ensures the implementation of activities and tools that consistently educate and focus staff on key performance indicators.
- Responsible for ensuring the development and implementation of operational contingency plans in concert with the department leadership team as financial or other conditions warrant.
- Ensures compliance of assigned areas and services with accreditation and both regulatory and corporate compliance standards.
- Develops/revises/audits/maintains department policies and procedures.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
EducationBachelor's Degree-Pharmacy (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Managerial/Supervisory (Required), Minimum of 3 years-Related work experience (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Licensed Pharmacist (Pennsylvania) - State of Pennsylvania
SkillsManages Conflict And Crisis; Builds Relationships; Mentoring Skills; Manages Projects And Functions
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.
Best employer for healthy lifestyles – National Business Group
Access to 121 state parks