Environmental Services Technician
NORTH EAST SURGERY CENTER 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm Performs a variety of healthcare environmental services (EVS) duties to enhance the healthcare environment by maintaining the location assigned. Follows special healthcare cleaning and trash handling techniques as required, ensuring professional and appropriate service standards while performing the job. Ensures the very best patient/family/ customer experience by optimizing all customer interactions.
- Cleans and disinfects patient and non-patient facing areas, departments and spaces.
- Handles various waste streams to include but not limited to; municipal waste and recyclable waste.
- Wears standard personal protective equipment as required.
- Follows procedures for the proper use of hospital approved products utilized in the cleaning and disinfection processes.
- Places the appropriate signage in an area to indicate cleaning is occurring and floor is wet to reduce the risk of falls.
- Reports identified facility repairs as directed or observed, according to current established policy or procedure.
- Utilizes mobile technology to ensure compliance with bed management procedures and other environmental services functions that are performed daily.
- Performs detailed cleaning to include but not limited to; high dusting, walls, ceilings, tracks, vents and lights.
- Collects soiled linen and transports to hospital staging area for vendor pickup as applicable.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Preferred)
Our Purpose & Values
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality.
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
Geisinger is committed to making better health easier for the more than 1 million people it serves. Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes nine hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,600 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.