Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Skilled Nursing Facility
Geisinger is seeking an experienced Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join the Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) team at The Gardens of Tunkhannock, Tunkhannock, PA.
This position requires an experienced advanced practitioner, prior experience working in a skilled nursing facility is helpful but not required. The SNF advanced practitioner (AP) provides direct (hands-on) care in nursing homes/skilled facilities with a goal to improve quality and prevent unnecessary re-admissions to the acute care setting. Position hours are days, rotating call and does not include weekends.
- Assesses and establishes a presumptive diagnosis and implements treatment plans for their patient population.
- Makes accurate and complete entries into the electronic medical record; orders and interprets diagnostic testing and consults as appropriate and prescribes appropriate medical therapy utilizing evidenced based practice.
- Prescribes, adjusts or discontinues medications or therapies as appropriate.
- Evaluates and reports to collaborating physician any circumstances or approaches to medical management or test results that present a significant risk to patient's health or well-being.
- Performs procedures within the scope of practice of the nurse practitioner license.
- Communicates with collaborative physician, patient, PCP and referring staff through telephone or other means of correspondence.
- Instills confidence in patient acting as their advocate by providing safe, ethical care and health education to the patient and their family in a language that they can understand.
- Interprets and follow policies and guidelines to define procedures and meet goals and deadlines.
EducationMaster's Degree-Nurse Practitioner (Required), Master's Degree-Physician Assistant (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body; Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania; Certified Nurse Practitioner - American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
SkillsPatient Safety; Health Information Documentation; Patients Rights; Clinical Policies And Standards; Patient Assessment And Care; Care Management Knowledge
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
Top 8 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems
– Becker's Hospital Review