Operations Manager Nursing - Perioperative Unit
Are you a RN Leader looking to support a dynamic team of Healthcare Heroes? Through professional growth, quality improvement, and interdisciplinary collaboration, we’ve built an innovative culture that allows nursing leaders to grow their skillsets, develop their practice, and leverage their years of experience to build a rewarding, lasting career with impact. Our Geisinger nursing leaders make a difference in the lives of the people they see every day- our friends, neighbors, and family members. To join Geisinger as an Inpatient Nursing Operations Manager and start leading healthcare change, please apply now!
Benefits of working at Geisinger:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that starts day one of employment
- Grow your career with up to $5,000 in tuition reimbursement per year
- Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a flexible spending account (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term disability, and Long-term disability
- Competitive 401k plan that includes automatic Geisinger contributions starting day one of employment
- PTO plan that allows you to earn more time fast
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and earn incentives
- Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid parental leave, paid military leave and a free care.com membership with discounted backup care for your loved ones.
- Shared governance structure that empowers our nurses
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing leaders
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive program
Join the Geisinger Family! Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please contact Rebecca Miszkiel at email@example.com
Manages nursing personnel and daily operational related activities. Leads Nursing team for assigned units or departments with responsibility for all operational functions of the team. Works in partnership with the Medical Director and Physician Liaison of the department to provide administrative and medical staff support to the operations of the unit. Responsible for developing and initiating improvements in the organization and delivery of high quality, cost effective patient care. Responsible for nursing clinical practice, budgetary personnel activities, and regulatory activities associated with the unit or department, and continuing support of Electronic Medical Record.
- Employs transformational leadership concepts in the development, implementation, and evaluation of shared governance councils and maintenance of magnet culture.
- Facilitates, incorporates, and promotes evidence-based practice into care.
- Facilitates continuing education and research opportunities for employees, self and community to support growth.
- Utilizes team building concepts to effectively empower team member by serving as a mentor, teacher and coach.
- Ensures the patient safety improvement and management program will be given high priority and will support the program.
- Enhances skills of team members such as decision-making, problem solving, conflict resolution, human resource management and communication.
- Facilitates development, maintenance and success of unit teams.
- Provides feedback to the team regarding performance and job-related issues.
- Ensures adequate staffing and competent care delivery.
- Develops, implements, and revises nursing retention strategies on an on-going basis.
- Develops positive and proactive employee relations.
- Incorporates structural empowerment through shared governance, fostering professional development and involvement in the workplace and community.
- Integrates the Professional Practice model with the mission, vision, philosophy and values of the organization.
- Encourage new knowledge, innovations and improvements using evidence-based practice and research.
- Focuses on empirical outcomes related to clinical practice.
- Demonstrates accountability for continuously improving the work unit, department, division and system by developing performance expectations and goals that focus on service, quality and cost.
- Communicates a clear description of performance expectations and goals to employees, encouraging and supporting their participation and accountability.
- Establishes and adjusts worked hour statistic for assigned units based on national benchmarks.
- Develops, implements, and achieves budgets which attain unit, division, and system goals.
- Reviews reports to monitor revenue and expense impacting activities.
- Develops and implements operational contingency plans proactively and when indicators change.
- Develops and promotes service standards that foster a customer sensitive environment, using a proactive approach.
- Measures performance against standards and seeks team commitment to exceed standards.
- Facilitates staff’s management of patients and customer related issues in a timely manner.
- Assists in dealing with risk management issues to mitigate risk and exposure.
- Assists in development and implementation of department Performance Improvement plan.
- Ensures all incidents, serious events, and sentinel events are reported to Performance Improvement and addressed in a timely manner.
- Proactively reviews the units and systems risk exposure to develop educational activities for employees and associates that will reduce liability.
- Coordinates and communicates safety standards and processes and holds staff accountable.
- Assists and maintains regulatory compliance incorporating the Tracer Methodology.
- Works closely with other departments and services and administration to maximize quality patient outcomes.
- Collaborates with Administration and Medical Director on a regular basis.
- Facilitates issue resolution and enhancement of work environment through collaboration with other departments.
- Facilitates the collaboration between members of the interdisciplinary teams via IDT or Boost and Continuum of Care Rounds.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
EducationBachelor's Degree-Nursing (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 3 years-Clinical (Required), Minimum of 3 years-Managing people, processes, or projects (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania; Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.
Best employer for healthy lifestyles – National Business Group
Access to 121 state parks