Geisinger, a nationally recognized leader in innovation and quality care, is seeking a Gastroenterologist to join our team in Northeastern PA
As a result of continued growth in our markets, we are currently recruiting for a BC/BE Gastroenterologist to join our team of physicians and advanced practice providers who are second to none. Expansion in our ambulatory endoscopy platform and cancer services affords us an opportunity to further develop our regional GI services.
At Geisinger, our Gastroenterologists:
- Provide care for patients across a fully integrated health system with a robust electronic health record (EPIC)
- Enjoy ample opportunity for professional growth including teaching fellows, residents and medical students, as well as participation in clinical and endoscopic research as faculty of the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary teams, including embedded pharmacists, who assist in management of Hepatitis C and Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Benefit from the support of skilled specialists in surgical specialties (Thoracic Surgery, Surgical Oncology, Colorectal Surgery), Intervention Radiology, and Oncology services
We are proud of the support we provide:
- Competitive starting salary with sign-on loans (bonus) available
- Excellent benefit package, including paid relocation, malpractice with tail coverage, ample paid time off, generous CME time/allowance of $4500 /15 days, and much more
EducationDoctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine- (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Licensed Medical Doctor - State of Pennsylvania
SkillsPatient Care And Procedural Skills; Professional Etiquette; Systems-Based Practice
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.
Best employer for healthy lifestyles – National Business Group
Access to 121 state parks