Radiology Team Lead MRI
Responsible for the daily operations in the Department to include all functional components of staff competency, department reporting, performance reporting, interfacing with other clinical departments, overseeing issue resolution, imaging quality and efficiency and department policy and procedures. Responsible for maintaining overall department relationships with Radiology Services partners, patients and referring physicians. Responsible for developing and initiating improvements in the department and delivery of high quality, cost effective radiology services. Responsible for overall quality of assigned areas. Performs imaging procedures in area of expertise. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in the specific age range of their assigned clinical area. Responsible for all regulatory requirements of assigned sections. Provides supervisory direction for assigned Modality Department.
- Oversees all aspects of assigned section performance, which includes operational, financial and statistical performance.
- Supervises employees in assigned area.
- Leads the monitoring of customer satisfaction, turnaround time, and other measurable parameters that represent indicators of departmental performance and improvement.
- Performs duties of the staff technologist within area of expertise when necessary.
- Accepts responsibility and accountability for job performance, the operations of the section and the performance and behaviors of the staff.
- Ensures effective communication, recognizes team accomplishments, provides feedback, constructively resolves conflicts.
- Allocates decision-making at the appropriate level, involves others, builds team trust and commitment within and between sections.
- Identifies and responds quickly to customer needs.
- Proactively responds to and supports change and anticipates problems and effectively adjusts plans.
- Acts as mentor, teacher and coach to others.
- Has knowledge of and ensures compliance with all regulatory and accrediting requirements for assigned section including American College Radiology, Intersocietal Accreditation Commission, Joint Commission, Department of Health, NRC, Department of Environmental Protection.
- Audits procedures daily for necessary compliance.
- Maintains a Quality Assurance and Quality Control program as well and performance improvement initiatives as defined and/or required for respective section.
- Ensures staff adherence to all safety measures, protocols and practices as related to each section.
- Works closely with internal resources to ensure compliance with all requirements.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Radiologic Technology (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 4 years-Clinical (Required), Minimum of 2 years-Managerial/Supervisory (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)Certified Radiology Technologist - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
SkillsDiagnostic Imaging; Radiation Safety; Radiology; Communication; Working Independently; Medical Equipment Management (Mem)
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.
Best employer for healthy lifestyles – National Business Group
Access to 121 state parks