Supervisor Laboratory Medicine (GCMC) (Full time) (Evenings)
$12,500 SIGN ON BONUS available for qualified applicants • Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that starts day one of employment • Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a flexible spending account (FSA) and health savings account (HSA) • Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term disability, and Long-term disability • Competitive 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger contributions starting day one of employment • PTO plan that allows you to earn more time fast • MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and earn incentives • Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid parental leave, paid military leave and a free care.com membership with discounted backup care for your loved ones. Full time four (4) 10 hr shifts Shift times: 3pm-1:30am or 4pm-2:30am Performs and reports various analyses from multiple specimen sources. Performs duties to provide the highest level of patient care and maximize patient satisfaction. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in the specific age range on their assigned clinical area. Leads and coordinates the daily operations of assigned section in conjunction with leadership. Plans, organizes and directs the activities of the section personnel to provide optimal, cost-effective delivery of services in accordance with departmental standards of quality, productivity, system-wide integration and standardization.
- Supervises technical and administrative operations of assigned laboratory section.
- Including maintaining a staff of qualified personnel to assure quality service is provided.
- Selects, instructs and develops employees through careful interviewing, comprehensive training, delegation, and supportive coaching.
- Conducts performance appraisals; ensures training and orientation of new hires, evaluates employee competency in an on-going manner.
- Participates with Lab Information Technology Team and doctoral directors to plan and oversee all laboratory information system functions in support of hospital and group practice work processes.
- Ensures staff is adequately trained in all computer applications required for their positions Ensures the provision of timely and efficient workflow in support of group practice quality and turnaround time standards of excellence.
- Delegates appropriate tasks daily to assure equitable workload and adequate coverage of all responsibilities.
- Prepares schedule to ensure adequate and appropriate staffing to meet service demands and maintain productivity standards.
- Prepares and monitors annual operating budget for section cost centers.
- Collaborates the planning of equipment purchases and leases with the Anatomic Pathology Operations Director.
- Supervises analysis of cost for materials and negotiation of contracts to obtain favorable prices.
- Oversees section purchasing, receiving, and inventory management to reduce costs.
- Assures section's compliance with applicable regulations and accrediting standards.
- Actively supports the Quality Program and takes a leadership role in facilitating change to realize noticeable error reduction and service improvement.
- Provides appropriate administrative and transcription support to Pathologists for research projects, Tissue Arrays and the annual laboratory program.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
- 6 years technical experience
- $12,500 SIGN ON BONUS FOR qualified applicants
- Full time four (4) 10 hr shifts
- Shift times: 3pm-1:30am or 4pm-2:30am
EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required), Bachelor's Degree- (Preferred)
ExperienceMinimum of 6 years-Related work experience (Required), Minimum of 1 year-Managing people, processes, or projects (Preferred)
SkillsLaboratory Services; Laboratory Information Systems (LIS); Laboratory Supply And Inventory Management; Laboratory Equipment Operation; Communication
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.
Best employer for healthy lifestyles – National Business Group
Access to 121 state parks