Anesthesiologist Physician (Part-Time)
Geisinger is seeking an additional Board Certified/Board Eligible Anesthesiologist to join our growing team in a part-time capacity at Shamokin Area Community Hospital!
Located in beautiful Shamokin, PA, Geisinger Shamokin Area Community Hospital has 3 operating rooms and 2 endoscopy suites. The case mix includes orthopedics, general surgery, ophthalmology, otolaryngology, and urology.
About the Position:
• Flexible scheduling
• Overtime opportunities
• Comprehensive benefits package including paid vacations and holidays, 403(b) and 457(b) retirement plans, competitive CME allowances, health/dental/vision, and malpractice coverage with tail
• Opportunities to teach and mentor in our Anesthesia Residency and SRNA programs as well as with students from the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine
• Research opportunities
• Support from a full range of dedicated specialists and subspecialists
About Central Pennsylvania:
- Home of Penn State University
- Home of the Little League World Series
- Minor League Baseball - Williamsport Crosscutters (MLB affiliation to the Philadelphia Phillies)
- Opportunity to get back to nature with fantastic state parks throughout the region
- Williamsport Regional Airport, Williamsport, PA
- Harrisburg International Airport, Harrisburg, PA
- University Park Airport, State College PA
One of the nation’s most innovative health services organizations, Geisinger serves more than 1.5 million patients in Pennsylvania. The system includes 13 hospital campuses, a nearly 600,000-member health plan, two research centers, and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With approximately 32,000 employees and more than 1,800 employed physicians, Geisinger leverages an estimated $12.7 billion positive annual impact on the Pennsylvania economies. Visit geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
For more information:
*Does not qualify for J-1 waiver.
EducationDoctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine- (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Licensed Medical Doctor - State of Pennsylvania
SkillsProfessionalism; Patient Care And Procedural Skills; Systems-Based Practice
Our Purpose & Values
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality.
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
Geisinger is committed to making better health easier for the more than 1 million people it serves. Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes nine hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,600 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Top 8 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems
– Becker's Hospital Review