Radiology Technologist MRI Full Time
$10,000 Sign on Bonus for qualified applicants! · Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that starts day one of employment · Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a flexible spending account (FSA) and health savings account (HSA) · Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term disability, and Long-term disability · Competitive 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger contributions starting day one of employment · PTO plan that allows you to earn more time fast · MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and earn incentives Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid parental leave, paid military leave and a free care.com membership with discounted backup care for your loved ones. Performs imaging procedures at a technical level. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in the specific age range on their assigned clinical area.
- Knowledge of the Magnetic Resonance imaging process and safety in the Magnetic Resonance environment.
- Provides protection to patients and personnel in accordance with prescribed safety standards.
- Prepares and positions patients for Magnetic Resonance procedure; thoroughly explains exam and answers patients' questions.
- Performs Magnetic Resonance Imaging procedures including neuro, body, and extremity, following protocols set by a Radiologist.
- Performs venous access on all patients requiring IV contrast administration as directed by a Radiologist.
- Enters necessary data into Radiology Imaging System, IDX Imaging Suite, and Picture Archive Communication System Image Management Systems.
- Processes images as necessary.
- Ability to identify anatomy on images.
- Performs quality control tests of equipment; reports any irregularities.
- Notifies Team Leader and appropriate maintenance personnel of equipment malfunctions.
- Shares the responsibilities for ordering supplies; notifies appropriate personnel of supply levels.
- Acts as a Radiology liaison; provides radiological support to physicians as requested; refers problems to Team Leader.
- Imaging exams and procedure tray set up require access and handling of non-controlled medications.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Radiologic Technology (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Certified Radiology Technologist - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT); Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body; Certified MRI Technologist - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
SkillsPreceptor Skills; Communication; Radiology; Radiation Safety; Diagnostic Imaging; Medical Equipment Management (Mem); Working Independently
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.
Best employer for healthy lifestyles – National Business Group
Access to 121 state parks