Clinic Nurse CEP
Provides clinical support to the provider and patient to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of the patient's condition.
- Neurology Department in Scenery Park
- Provides nursing care to patients by identifying and addressing physical, social and psychological needs of the patient and family to the registered nurse.
- Serves as a resource to patients, families, and healthcare team.
- Performs all aspects of the Clinic Nurse position.
- Mentors the professional development of novice team members.
- Coordinates a consistent orientation by communication of orientee's progress and needs to other preceptors as appropriate.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and support for staff members at the unit level.
- Actively participates as a team member in working toward team goals of the unit and organization.
- Supports and reinforces health teaching to patients.
- Satisfactorily completes all aspects of the domain selected in the Career Enhancement Program (mentor, educator, performance improvement, clinical coordinator, or any other additional domain as identified by unit need).
- Completes all unit based skill competencies on an annual basis.
- Submits portfolio to reporting supervisor to document performance in the Career Enhancement Program prior to performance evaluation.
- Serves as a unit preceptor for orientees.
- Assists with completion or orientation paperwork.
- Meets with orientee weekly during orientation period.
- Reviews orientees progress weekly with clinical Nurse Educator.
- Assists with unit based education.
- Assists with review of unit based competencies and skills assessments.
- Provides small group in-services or informal displays on the unit.
- Assists with unit education for new products, procedures and equipment.
- Responsible for actively participating in patient safety improvement initiatives and reporting.
- Assumes responsibility for identifying processes or systems that could potentially lead to errors and adverse events.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
**$5,000 Bonus for those who Qualify**
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Nursing (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body; Licensed Practical Nurse - Default Issuing Body
SkillsMultitasking; Teamwork; Computer Literacy; Customer Service; Mentoring Skills; Communication
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.
Best employer for healthy lifestyles – National Business Group
Access to 121 state parks