Clinical Team Coordinator Registered Nurse - Cardiovascular/Stroke
You’re ready for your next challenge, the kind that only a nationally recognized healthcare system can provide. At Geisinger, leading healthcare change starts with collaboration, community and lifelong learning. From our systemwide initiatives like our Nurse Residency Program and the Geisinger Nursing Institute, we give our nurses the tools to build a career with lasting impact.
What makes a successful nurse at Geisinger? Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. Our nurses treat each other with respect and compassion, embrace diversity and take time to connect and listen. We are led by five main values:
Our Geisinger Family
Growing up in the northeast, Geisinger has always had a reputation of being a leader in cutting edge medicine. Being part of their staff is both a privilege and honor. So far working as a RN, has been an incredible experience. The staff is knowledgeable and passionate about their field. They are always willing to help me further my education and skills.RN, Telemetry Unit, GMC
I had a very positive experience as a student nurse during my clinical rotations and knew I wanted to join the nursing team at Geisinger Lewistown Hospital. As a new nurse everyone has been extremely helpful. My coworkers are dedicated to the success of the team and providing the best care possible for our patients.RN, Orthopedic Oncology, GLH
I'm excited to take the lessons I've learned along my journey from bedside nurse to educator to leader and help position Geisinger's more than 6,500 nurses—in all positions, from LPNs to RNs to advanced practice nurses—for their own future successes.Chief Nursing Executive, MSN, RN
Health and Wellness Programs
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Awards and Recognition
Are you an RN leader looking to join our team of Healthcare Heroes? Through professional growth, quality improvement, and interdisciplinary collaboration, we’ve built an innovative culture that allows nurses to grow their skillsets, develop their practice, and leverage their years of experience to build a rewarding, lasting career with impact. Our Geisinger nursing leaders make a difference in the lives of the people they see every day- our friends, neighbors, and family members. To join Geisinger as an Inpatient RN and start leading healthcare change, please apply now! Coordinates and supervises the delivery of nursing care and activities on assigned unit. Assists in developing, initiating, and supporting improvements, on the unit level, that facilitate the delivery of high quality, safe and cost-effective patient care. Responsible for ensuring that the highest level of care is provided, optimizing all customer interactions, to maximize patient satisfaction.
- Provides direct patient care along with providing direct supervision to assigned personnel, assists with orientation and integration of new employees.
- Conducts performance appraisals, monitors absenteeism, orders supplies, scheduling 24 hour staffing, patient and bed triage where appropriate.
- Assists with addressing performance problems initiating the disciplinary process as appropriate.
- Communicates pertinent information regarding patient care activities and operations to appropriate personnel.
- Participates in the formulation of nursing policies and goals as well as policies affecting other departments.
- Communicates and interprets policies, procedures and regulations to patients, visitors and staff members, as required.
- Communicates significant issues on units to Operations Manager in a timely manner.
- Assists Actively support Magnet philosophies such as a healthy work environment, professional growth and patient and family involvement in care decisions.
- Provides feedback to staff or managers for professional practice issues, facilitates and promotes evidence-based practices and research activities.
- Serves as a resource for unit issues, mentors staff, delegates actions as appropriate and creates an environment of participation.
- Ensures that staff meets regulatory requirements.
- Assures effective, efficient and cost-effective use of physical, financial and human resources.
- Assists with the prevention and resolution of patient and family concerns.
- Assists the operations manager in making patient focused service round on assigned unit.
- Follows up on incidents occurring on assigned unit.
- Assures proper documentation and follow-through.
We’re proud to offer:
- Competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance
- Tuition assistance
- A shared governance structure
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated, experienced nursing leaders
This position is eligible for a joining incentive. Apply now and learn more!
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
All nurses on this unit are required to acquire ACLS certification. Cardiac drips administered on this unit include but are not limited to Cardizem, Nitroglycerin, Dopamine, Dobutamine and Milrinone. Designated Stroke Floor-Staff has education on the NIHSS stroke scale and Stroke Education
EducationEnrollment in Bachelor's Degree in Related Field-Nursing (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 2 years-Nursing (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body; Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania
SkillsBudgeting Skills; Interpersonal Communication; Organizing; Teamwork; Problem Solving; Preceptor Skills; Communication
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
- Inpatient RN - Critical Care Float - GWV - Up to $26K Hiring Incentive! Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
- Inpatient RN - Medical Surgical Trauma- Up to $26K Hiring Incentive! Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
- Inpatient RN - Medical Surgical Orthopedic Trauma- Up to $26K Hiring Incentive! Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
- Inpatient RN - Cardiovascular/Stroke - Up to $26K Hiring Incentive! Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania