Information Specialist Medical Laboratory Scientist, Northeast Region (Full Time) (Days) HYBRID
Responsible for performing tasks related to project completion including analysis, training, testing, documentation, problem resolution and implementation for laboratory information systems as a subject matter expert in assigned laboratory area. Provides input and assists in developing project plans.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of all laboratory information system.
- Performs file maintenance and updates software as requested.
- Verifies that all data has been entered correctly.
- Provides Laboratory Information System, Laboratory Information Technology, and assigned laboratory area with support as appropriate.
- Assists in the testing and verification of software provided in periodic software releases for assigned lab area.
- Assists in the testing of any software changes prior to those changes being installed in the production area for assigned laboratory area.
- Aids in the verification of reports as to completeness and accuracy before releasing into the production area for assigned laboratory area.
- Assists in the development of ad hoc reports and dashboards as required; meets the requestors needs in a timely manner.
- Assisting in the monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting of instrument interfaces for assigned laboratory area.
- Performs frontline troubleshooting of peripheral devices and all applications for assigned laboratory area.
- Aids in the diagnosis and prevention of errors and notifies the appropriate individuals.
- Assists in the development of Laboratory Information System policies and procedures for intra-departmental functions.
- Supports the process of change control maintaining required documentation and assuring communication with lab and non-lab users of the Laboratory Information System and associated systems.
- Participates in computer orientation, training and in-service programs for all levels of laboratory personnel.
- Provides similar services for other users as required.
- Participates in operational development assuring trouble-free interfacing between the Laboratory Information System and other hospital and clinical information systems.
- Responsible for submission and leading of technical change requests for assigned laboratory area.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
This position is anticipated to work 50% from home and 50% on-site. On-site bench duties will be primarily in urinalysis. This position is will work on-site at GWV and CMC, rotating between the two hospitals.
Typical hours will be day shift, 8AM to 4:30PM. Hours may change slightly and are lab- and project-dependent.
Ad-hoc weekend coverage may be required on occasion. No on-call rotation required.
Training for this position will be provided as needed.
EducationAssociate's Degree-Medical Laboratory Technician (Required), Bachelor's Degree-Medical Technology (Preferred)
ExperienceMinimum of 8 years-Laboratory (Required)
SkillsComputer Literacy; Laboratory Information Systems (LIS); Laboratory Supply And Inventory Management; Laboratory Equipment Operation; Communication; Laboratory Services
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.
Best employer for healthy lifestyles – National Business Group
Access to 121 state parks