Licensed Practical Nurse Team Lead
You’re ready for your next challenge, the kind that only a nationally recognized healthcare system can provide. At Geisinger, leading healthcare change starts with collaboration, community and lifelong learning. From our systemwide initiatives like our Nurse Residency Program and the Geisinger Nursing Institute, we give our nurses the tools to build a career with lasting impact.
What makes a successful Clinic Registered Nurse at Geisinger? Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. Our nurses treat each other with respect and compassion, embrace diversity and take time to connect and listen. We are led by five main values:
Our Geisinger Family
Growing up in the northeast, Geisinger has always had a reputation of being a leader in cutting edge medicine. Being part of their staff is both a privilege and honor. So far working as a RN, has been an incredible experience. The staff is knowledgeable and passionate about their field. They are always willing to help me further my education and skills.RN, Telemetry Unit, GMC
I had a very positive experience as a student nurse during my clinical rotations and knew I wanted to join the nursing team at Geisinger Lewistown Hospital. As a new nurse everyone has been extremely helpful. My coworkers are dedicated to the success of the team and providing the best care possible for our patients.RN, Orthopedic Oncology, GLH
I'm excited to take the lessons I've learned along my journey from bedside nurse to educator to leader and help position Geisinger's more than 6,500 nurses—in all positions, from LPNs to RNs to advanced practice nurses—for their own future successes.Chief Nursing Executive, MSN, RN
Health and Wellness Programs
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Awards and Recognition
Directs and supervises support staff of Geisinger. Assures that patients are treated with concern and that providers are provided with prompt and courteous service.
- Supervises all support staff.
- Participates in recruitment, interview and selection process of nurses and support staff.
- Coordinates training and orientation programs for the nursing and other clinical staff.
- Assesses ongoing training needs.
- Schedules employees and manages resources on a daily basis.
- Serves as a resource to answer questions and resolve problems.
- Plans and conducts in-service and other informational meetings with employees.
- Encourages and coordinates continuing education for self and staff.
- Monitors performance and provides feedback.
- Conducts performance appraisals.
- Evaluates job competencies.
- Addresses performance problems, initiating the discipline process if required.
- Intercedes on behalf of assigned personnel when problems are encountered with physicians, patients, or other clinic personnel.
- Assists with budget.
- Obtains necessary approvals and administers approved budget.
- Develops and maintains policies and procedures for assigned area.
- Assures adherence to regulatory agency requirements, safety standards, and infection control procedures.
- Evaluates operations and recommends and implements changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Responsible for staffing plans.
- Monitors, evaluates, and revises as appropriate.
- Coordinates purchasing activity, including but not limited to, monitoring inventory and supervising the ordering of items as needed.
- Coordinates activities with other sections and departments.
- Acts as a liaison with other groups, both internal and external entities.
- Prepares and monitors all required monthly reports.
- Provides clerical, clinical or diagnostic support services to patients or providers.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Nursing (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body; Licensed Practical Nurse - Default Issuing Body
Our Purpose & Values
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality.
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
Geisinger is committed to making better health easier for the more than 1 million people it serves. Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes nine hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,600 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.