Patient Liaison I Food Service
Functions as the liaison between the patient care units and the Department of Foodservices. Responsible for distribution and explanation of patient menus, assisting patients with diet appropriate menu selections, setting-up and delivering meal trays and snacks, working collaboratively with nursing and the clinical team to provide the best possible patient experience.
- Establishes a rapport with patients (i.e., provides patients with general information regarding the services of the Foodservice Department).
- Responds to patient and customer needs in an appropriate, positive, manner with the goal of maximizing patient/customer satisfaction.
- Uses computer or iPad to enter patient menu selections into our menu system with consideration for: diet order, allergies, nourishments, food and beverage preferences and dislikes, and other specialized information.
- Must be able to calculate fluid restrictions and specialized meal patterns according to diet requirements.
- Delivers, passes and collects meal trays and late trays from patient rooms and designated retrieval areas following established infection control policies.
- Assists patients with tray set up if needed.
- Works with members of the clinical team to ensure that patient concerns and/or special needs are met.
- Inventories and/or stocks unit kitchens to maintains floor stock at appropriate par levels.
- Monitor dates of floor stock and rotates product when stocking.
- Performs cleaning assignments in designated areas.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Preferred)
Our Purpose & Values
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality.
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
Geisinger is committed to making better health easier for the more than 1 million people it serves. Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes nine hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,600 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.