Pharmacy Technician III Certified - Hematology/Oncology Dickson City
The technician works as an extension of the pharmacist, performing duties related to patient, provider, and customer care. The technician has more responsibility with care activities which may include (but not be limited to) sterile product preparation and performance of a majority of pharmacy technical operations.
- Provide patient/provider/customer care
- Use the pharmacy computer system to facilitate patient care
- Participate in patient/provider/customer care activities that do not require the expertise of a pharmacist
- Prepare and label medications appropriately for distribution.
- Retrieve, review, and perform inventory management for medications and supplies in the pharmacy.
- Maintain pharmacy records.
- Perform housekeeping duties in the pharmacy in compliance with hospital and accreditation policies.
- Participate in the onboarding and training of new pharmacy personnel.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities of a Certified Pharmacy Technician:
- Prepare sterile and non-sterile products for use in patient care, where applicable.
- Within legal parameters, conduct operations in the pharmacy to allow a pharmacist the time and resources to engage in counseling and clinical interactions with patients.
- Take on additional projects or activities as assigned by their manager
- The technician will work in a non-high-risk area at least 75% of their weekly hours over 4-weeks.
- Maintains qualifications to work in specialty service areas that may require the technician to deal with hazardous medicines, prepare medicines for high-risk populations (pediatric patients, chemotherapy infusion), or other specialized practice areas for pharmacy technicians.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our team and work at the new state-of-the-art Dickson City Cancer Center and practice at the top of license!
EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Certified Pharmacy Technician (PTCB or NHA)) - Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB or NHA))
SkillsPharmaceutical Names; Healthcare Regulatory Environment; Teamwork; Computer Literacy
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.